Video Card going

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
OK, my video card is going tits. I don't play any games with my computer, but I don't want a shitty card. I have a P4 2.53 gHz processor, 533 FSB, a gig of DDR, and a 7200 RPM 80 gig HD. I want a decent card for not too much money. Top of the line graphics not needed, but longevity wanted.

Gimme your picks.

GeForce FX 6800 :lol:

You can't go wrong with an older GeForce4 Ti 4200 / 4600, maybe an ATI Radeon 9800 SE. All can be had for a little under $150, maybe even closer to $100 now.

Im still using my ATI All In Wonder 128 Pro!

It has I believe a total of 16megs "maybe 32 I can't remember" of super powerful memory It's sooo friggin bad ass that its a PCI card!

Bottom line. It works with windows XP, has a TV in, out SVideo in and out as with a cable in and out =) all I have to do is plug in RCA cables and Im good to go

Back in the day it was a bad ass card but now... its shit ohwell I never play games on here anymore so its all good

i got a geforce fx 5200, works alright(got it for like $70). i would suggest the ti 4200/4600 though. its better than what i got.

ALLINWONDER 9000 PRO I have pretty much the same comp as you and this thing is awesome. I dont play too many games but the ones I did held up fine. I do a lot of video editing and it holds up well. Can be bought for ~$100

gefore 4 ti 4200 is what i got... it has tv outputs and shit...

paired with a kworld tv tuner card my pc is a home theater.

I have the AGP GeForce 4200 Ti. It's been fine for the last couple of years. But it's going fast now. I had to knock down my resolution, refresh rate, and colors down to 256; just to cruise this site.

ugh--buy direct, not some card who has just thrown the ATI name on there. I paid 120 shipped for a factory sealed ATI 128 MB 9600 Pro.

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 12 2004, 12:51 PM
ugh--buy direct, not some card who has just thrown the ATI name on there. I paid 120 shipped for a factory sealed ATI 128 MB 9600 Pro.

I don't even play games. I just want a decent solid card. For the investment, I think I could handle it taking a crap in a few years. I bought my last card brand new, paid a shitload for it, and it was worth half what I paid two months later. My P4 processor was close to 600 when I bought it, because it was the absolute fastest I could find. That $600 processor is worth maybe 150 now?

Top of the line is great, but I don't need it in this category. I would spend more money on another great hard drive. I think I need to put windows on its own drive, because the system keeps getting slower as the drive gets more full. I'm using over 50 gigs right now. It'd be nice to run a 10k harddrive for XP.

ATI Radio 9800 SE

Is what I would buy to compliment a system like the one you have.

I ran a Geforce 2, Geforce 4 and TNT2 in my box... till I found out that if I left raw meat on my power supply, I'd have a well done steak a few seconds into a render.

Anyway, I'd suggest a Geforce card if ya couldn't guess B)

Originally posted by Havok@Jun 12 2004, 07:43 AM
ATI 9600 PRO 128 off of ebay. :thumbsup:

I have the 9600 XT 256mb and don't like it.

Wait til the new ATI card is lowered in price. Until then, pick up a cheapo nVidia 5200 for under $50 to hold you by.

I still use my good ol' Geforce256 32MB DDR graphics card, thank you. :) I can play Natural Selection and Tribes 2 just fine, and UT2K4 runs well if I turn down the graphics options. That's all I need, so it suits me fine. :) I'm good, upgrade-wise, till HL2 and Doom3 arrives. :)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jun 11 2004, 10:36 PM
Im still using my ATI All In Wonder 128 Pro!

It has I believe a total of 16megs "maybe 32 I can't remember" of super powerful memory It's sooo friggin bad ass that its a PCI card!

Hahaha I have the same card in one of my computers, it is a 32MB card, and it sucks ass compared to my gforce 5200.

Back