VTEC code with p75 ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Uppertorso

I have a 95 civic 4 door, with a B18 installed in it. There is a P75 ecu throwing code 22 and 21. These are VTEC codes!!??!!?? This is a non-vtec ecu. Has anyone encountered this before??? We have checked the wiring, all is ok. The vehicle also has a hesitation problem between 1000-2000 rpm.

any input is appreciated

Thanks

AP

impossible. lol

check that you're reading the codes correctly. sometimes its easy to confuse the long bleeps with the short bleeps

Originally posted by Uppertorso@Jun 29 2005, 04:56 PM
I shit you not, these are the acutal codes, anyone have similar experience or input??

AP
[post=518255]Quoted post[/post]​

i had a p28 that i was told time and time and time again that it was a 5 spd, but it kept throwin an automatic tranny code haha, but im pretty fuckin sure it actually was an a/t ecu, the car would barely run! lol

thats weird man, but yeah, ive mixed up codes before too. <_<

you're reading the codes wrong or you don't have a p75.

I was thinking the same thing, and I was reading the codes completely wrong.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 29 2005, 07:31 PM
you're reading the codes wrong or you don't have a p75.

I was thinking the same thing, and I was reading the codes completely wrong.
[post=518284]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

I hate to break the news to you, i work at a Honda dealership, I think we know how to read the codes. But we ensured that the ecu was a P75, we even took it apart to see if it was tampered with, and it is a virgin ecu (not modified for uberdata). Maybe we are missing something.....
Anyways thanks for the imput.

If the ECU is brand new, as in you just opened the package from Honda, it could be a mix up at the factory. If not than it just isn't possible for an LS ECU to throw a vtec code, especially if it has been in use and hasn't done it before (re:factory defect).

i can't help ya then.

92b16vx said as much as can say about it now.

what board is it? it's printed on the board. also, take a pic of the inside of the ecu and post it if you can, i could tell you if it has the hardware for vtec. if it dosen't... you're just on crack... or something? :p .

The computer we are using is from a running integra 1993.

I will try to get some pictures of the ecu for you guys, but not till monday, we are closed for the weekend.

I have heard from another source that maybe we should be using a p74, instead of a p75.

Thanks guys

Back