Vtec problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

I have a Z6 out of a 93 EX in an 88 EF9 and the vtec was engaugeing too early. I was missing real bad below 3k so I unpluged it and cleared the problem up.I know there is a TSB about this but don't remember the fix So I call honda and the whole set up is like 200$ but they sell the just the spool valve and switch by them self. Just wondering what needs to be replaced to correct the problem, I'll spend 200$ for the whole assy. if need be but don't what to if I don't have to.

Originally posted by BoogieDown@Aug 20 2005, 08:56 PM
I have a Z6 out of a 93 EX in an 88 EF9 and the vtec was engaugeing too early. I was missing real bad below 3k so I unpluged it and cleared the problem up.I know there is a TSB about this but don't remember the fix So I call honda and the whole set up is like 200$ but they sell the just the spool valve and switch by them self. Just wondering what needs to be replaced to correct the problem, I'll spend 200$ for the whole assy. if need be but don't what to if I don't have to.
[post=542949]Quoted post[/post]​

Bump

wtf does this say??

unplugged what?

what ecu/managment for vtec? how is it engaging too early?

tsb = ?

i also have that same problem. my vtec kicks in at about 300 rpms and i was wondering if theres a way to set it or if its the ecu or what?

Back