vtec?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mref80891

does anyone know where i can get a v tec chip than can make my car kick in earlier.

wat chip r u running now? and also all u would have to do is get a new tune not a new chip unless your running stock as far as where to go i would look up performance shops in your area for example theres shops like speedfactory and rich tuning

There is no reason to make vtec engage earlier than where it is currently set at. If you changed cams that had a different powerband then you might want to change it, but judging by the way you worded your question i will go out on a limb and assume you have stock cams in whatever engine it is you're referring to. So don't try and change the vtec crossover point, you will only lose power.

so i have a b16. im not sure wat kind of chip its but the vtec kicks in at 5 or 5 1/2. but i want it to kick earlier. the engine is pretty much stock.

There is no reason to make vtec engage earlier than where it is currently set at. If you changed cams that had a different powerband then you might want to change it, but judging by the way you worded your question i will go out on a limb and assume you have stock cams in whatever engine it is you're referring to. So don't try and change the vtec crossover point, you will only lose power.

This is good advice. Why do you think that having vtec kick in earlier will make more power?

This is good advice. Why do you think that having vtec kick in earlier will make more power?

:werd:

There's no point in doing this to a stock engine. Until you actually tear in to your head and start replacing cams and stuff like that, just leave VTEC where it is and assume Honda did their homework...

If your new to the scene, leave your car untouched until you figure out what you have and what you want to do with it. Use this and other sites as a resource and be patient. There are lots of folks on this forum who are awsome at what they do so pay attention!

If your new to the scene, leave your car untouched until you figure out what you have and what you want to do with it. Use this and other sites as a resource and be patient. There are lots of folks on this forum who are awsome at what they do so pay attention!

X2^^

That is a really general question. You will have to be more specific.

@ poorman- i do listen. but see everything in my car is stock. but i wanna put like turbo n but i gotta fix my suspension. or just put in a suspension kit that it meant for racing and a daily driver

Dear god, people are stupid. Listen idiot, don't touch your car until you take some time and read the very helpful threads. Use the search bar, it's there for a reason. Honda's have been built a million times over. Before you start make sure you have enough money to complete your project.

Don't even think about putting a turbo on your car, I'm sure your pea brain cannot handle a task such as that.

Worry about refreshing your suspension with QUALITY components. There is no need to be able to go fast if you cannot first control it.

id like to buy a 'SUSPENSION KIT" too!!! WHERE DO I GET ONE????? lol :p:p:p

@ chaz- cuz u no need for name calling. like i said im new to this. im tryn to get into the racing scene and wanna take up auto motive when i go school. so do me a favor if ur gonna comment on my shit dont give me shit u feel me homie.

@ chaz- cuz u no need for name calling. like i said im new to this. im tryn to get into the racing scene and wanna take up auto motive when i go school. so do me a favor if ur gonna comment on my shit dont give me shit u feel me homie.

In case anyone else wanted to read this, here is a translation.

Please sir there is no need for name calling. Like I said I am new to modifying cars. I am trying to get into the "racing scene" (Whatever that is? Fast and Furious style I guess) and I would like to go to an automotive technician school. Please if you are going to leave a comment do not talk to me like I am a retard.

Ok, now that we have that settled, I will say that in my four years here I have seen people like you come and go. If you are actually dedicated and really do desire to successfully modify your car you will take the time to type a legible sentence out of respect for my fellow members here.

Please take your time to search out any questions you may have before posting here.

Beginning a thread that has the title vtec????? has no meaning. Please title things appropriately. A more appropriate title would be "Should I adjust the Vtec crossover RPM?"

best thing on this tread is what chaz said....its simple do get yourself into something you cant get urself out of..ur in over your head keep it simple till you learn your car

there really was no need for name calling. just because he may have a dumb question that was intercepted by a member with 95,000 posts, that alone does not warrant any name calling. so please respect us newbs and give us the respect we deserve, by simply stating your point with no ad hominem attacks, and at that point, allow us to decide to do the homework required or keep asking stupid questions to which we would get no replies.

It's the internet. We call each other names. We even make fun of our OG members among ourselves. It's just what we do. You gotta have thick skin, it's the internet. Like water on a duck's back.

Back