Weight loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I dont know, everyone has different body types. Not ripping on you corvette, but i bet you could lose more than 20lbs to get lean.

This is what i look like at 6'1" and 165lbs, not exactly sickly looking. I do have a thin build though, and if I ever was able to get to 180lbs lean muscle i would look very jacked, im sure.

PS I have been lifting for a while now, and currently im sitting at about 169, very lean, and my bench max is 220.. best shape ive been in since i was 18.

No i know i could stand to loose more then 20lbs. i could stand to loose 60lbs if i wanted..i don't want to be that light though... ideally i would like to be at 185ish but we will see what happens...Plus my wife doesn't like skinny guys lol

FLounder. Props on the wife.

I lost about 25lbs in 30 days by doing Paleo like a religion.

I've been able to maintain my weight since October of last year by doing 80% paleo during the work week and blowing it off on weekends.

Helped get my cholesterol under control, as well as my fatty liver.

I lost about 25lbs in 30 days by doing Paleo like a religion.

I've been able to maintain my weight since October of last year by doing 80% paleo during the work week and blowing it off on weekends.

Helped get my cholesterol under control, as well as my fatty liver.
I have an overweight friend that is down 50lb in just under 2 months. The past month he started doing Insanity, but the weight fell off him in the first month simply by eating right and making sure to get 8 hours. People underestimate what diet and sleep play into proper health ans weight loss.

I'm 5'7" and 140 pounds. I have a gut. It hangs over my fuckin pants.

At my peak physique I weighed 125 pounds. I never really had any bulk, but the fact that I have a gut really pisses me off.

I'm 5'7" and 140 pounds. I have a gut. It hangs over my fuckin pants.

At my peak physique I weighed 125 pounds. I never really had any bulk, but the fact that I have a gut really pisses me off.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm about 100lbs more than you. And I also have a hanging gut. Made of mostly beer and Andy Capps.

I am down to like 190ish from 215 and I went from looking 6 months pregnant to basically 4. Ugly man.

No i know i could stand to loose more then 20lbs. i could stand to loose 60lbs if i wanted..i don't want to be that light though... ideally i would like to be at 185ish but we will see what happens...Plus my wife doesn't like skinny guys lol

Yeah man, you'd probably look pretty ripped if you dropped a few lbs. Your arms look decent-sized. With weight lost they'd probably look pretty defined.

No homo of course...

I went from 289 to 225 in 90 days. 64 lbs. i've bounced back up a bit and hover at 240 even these days.
i want to get back to the boot camp i did, but it was expensive. $100 a month. i had to cut it for a while when money got tight. Now that the g/f is done with school and working again things will be easier and i'm hoping to go back.

Wow, had no idea I'd get this much response that quickly! I read through everyone's posts, then had to kill a spam bot at the very end... :calban:

So to answer the build questions- large frame Asian build- meaning leg heavy, not as long legged as you Caucasian guys. I'm 5'9" and grew up pretty athletic, mostly running track, playing basketball, and biking... I have a sprinter's build. I graduated high school at 145lbs. I couldn't quite bench my own weight, but I could crush an apple with one hand, punch through safety glass and put pretty sizable dents in steel lockers, and had enough leg power to do 30 leg press reps at 900lbs and pull a 35" vertical in-game on the basketball court. For those that do frame size / skeleton size judging based on the wrist test, when I wrap my middle finger and thumb around my wrist, I have about a half inch gap, and my hand-span is 9".

College graduation at 23 had me at about 165, almost as good shape as high school, but not quite. I'm halfway past 35 now, and 2 kids' worth of pregnancy sympathy weight plus lots of McCrapper's time (playland is awesome for munchkins, but food is not!) and eating on the run while not going to the gym because I hate just "working out" takes its toll.

So two pics, which are actually pretty hard to find since I'm usually the one behind the camera:

First one is just over two weeks ago on 5/3, should have been right at 200lbs. The first few days of the weight graph are guestimates- I had weighed in at 200 a few days prior at a clinic, and was probably just a hair over on 5/3. 5/4 was my first actual measurement on the diet- everything before is an average from first measure backwards through 200.

2013-05-03_200lbs.jpg

Following pic is when I was about 165, back in 2002. Some of you OG crew may remember a "tech" article I wrote lampooning how to install seatbelt pads. Since about late 2005 I never fell below 170-175. You can mostly see the difference in the face.

2002-03-27_165lbs.jpg

So the diet is the hCG Protocol. There are a LOT of details to keep track of while you're on it, but to really oversimplify- you take a hormone injection that forces your body to churn through your fat stores instead of going into starvation mode from dropping your calories too low, then you do exactly that- drop your calorie count down to 500-800 per day. No starch or sugar, extremely low fat. No working out. The hormone is the same that causes a woman's body to cannibalize itself in favor of a developing baby when there's not enough nutrition for both the mother and the baby.

To expand a bit, there's a 40+ page medical paper written by the Italian doctor who developed the diet but written FOR other doctors, it's here:

DR SIMEONS POUNDS AND INCHES MANUSCRIPT

Katie did this diet after a TON (months and months!) of research years ago after pregnancy #1 and was able to keep the weight off until pregnancy #2. Same after #2- stable after a month of super fast weight loss until now when she decided to get back down to wedding weight. She just wrapped up her successful third round. This is my first time.

Part of the whole deal on this is that your body resets its "natural weight" when you're done. I was skeptical, but it kept for Katie each time, even with a 25+ pound drop in a month. There are a bunch of billboards all over DFW (maybe other areas?) that advertise 30 pounds of weight loss in a month with no injection and no surgery- this is the same thing. We just do it ourselves for about $200 in materials instead of $3000 in clinic fees.

So there's a TON of literature about it and a LOT of BS on the net marketing variations of it, plus a bunch of people that try on their own and don't get it quite right and screw themselves over... There's also quite the mixed opinion about it in the medical community, but all of my doctors are good with it.

Hope that helps explain things a bit. Read the doc's paper if you want to know more, look around on the 'net, slam it if you want- but it's worked multiple times for Katie, and it's working for me.

:D

Wow, had no idea I'd get this much response that quickly! I read through everyone's posts, then had to kill a spam bot at the very end... :calban:

So to answer the build questions- large frame Asian build- meaning leg heavy, not as long legged as you Caucasian guys. I'm 5'9" and grew up pretty athletic, mostly running track, playing basketball, and biking... I have a sprinter's build. I graduated high school at 145lbs. I couldn't quite bench my own weight, but I could crush an apple with one hand, punch through safety glass and put pretty sizable dents in steel lockers, and had enough leg power to do 30 leg press reps at 900lbs and pull a 35" vertical in-game on the basketball court. For those that do frame size / skeleton size judging based on the wrist test, when I wrap my middle finger and thumb around my wrist, I have about a half inch gap, and my hand-span is 9".

College graduation at 23 had me at about 165, almost as good shape as high school, but not quite. I'm halfway past 35 now, and 2 kids' worth of pregnancy sympathy weight plus lots of McCrapper's time (playland is awesome for munchkins, but food is not!) and eating on the run while not going to the gym because I hate just "working out" takes its toll.

So two pics, which are actually pretty hard to find since I'm usually the one behind the camera:

First one is just over two weeks ago on 5/3, should have been right at 200lbs. The first few days of the weight graph are guestimates- I had weighed in at 200 a few days prior at a clinic, and was probably just a hair over on 5/3. 5/4 was my first actual measurement on the diet- everything before is an average from first measure backwards through 200.

2013-05-03_200lbs.jpg

Following pic is when I was about 165, back in 2002. Some of you OG crew may remember a "tech" article I wrote lampooning how to install seatbelt pads. Since about late 2005 I never fell below 170-175. You can mostly see the difference in the face.

2002-03-27_165lbs.jpg

So the diet is the hCG Protocol. There are a LOT of details to keep track of while you're on it, but to really oversimplify- you take a hormone injection that forces your body to churn through your fat stores instead of going into starvation mode from dropping your calories too low, then you do exactly that- drop your calorie count down to 500-800 per day. No starch or sugar, extremely low fat. No working out. The hormone is the same that causes a woman's body to cannibalize itself in favor of a developing baby when there's not enough nutrition for both the mother and the baby.

To expand a bit, there's a 40+ page medical paper written by the Italian doctor who developed the diet but written FOR other doctors, it's here:

DR SIMEONS POUNDS AND INCHES MANUSCRIPT

Katie did this diet after a TON (months and months!) of research years ago after pregnancy #1 and was able to keep the weight off until pregnancy #2. Same after #2- stable after a month of super fast weight loss until now when she decided to get back down to wedding weight. She just wrapped up her successful third round. This is my first time.

Part of the whole deal on this is that your body resets its "natural weight" when you're done. I was skeptical, but it kept for Katie each time, even with a 25+ pound drop in a month. There are a bunch of billboards all over DFW (maybe other areas?) that advertise 30 pounds of weight loss in a month with no injection and no surgery- this is the same thing. We just do it ourselves for about $200 in materials instead of $3000 in clinic fees.

So there's a TON of literature about it and a LOT of BS on the net marketing variations of it, plus a bunch of people that try on their own and don't get it quite right and screw themselves over... There's also quite the mixed opinion about it in the medical community, but all of my doctors are good with it.

Hope that helps explain things a bit. Read the doc's paper if you want to know more, look around on the 'net, slam it if you want- but it's worked multiple times for Katie, and it's working for me.

:D

uhmmm that sounds extremely dangerous to only eat 500-800 calories a day. Even the fat fucks on the Biggest looser have a 1200 calorie diet.

Interesting. Hcg huh?

There are a lot of clinics set up all over the country that support it. I have looked into it personally because you lose sooooo much weight so quickly and its mainly fat. I've researched doing it at home but didn't know anyone that actually did it.

I believe hcg is illegal in most sports because of some of the implications behind it. It resets your hormone cycle to increase weight loss rapidly. Body builders use it for when they cycle off juice to cut out the bloat they gain. Heck. Brian Cushing got caught using it and suspended 4 games.

You're Asian Calesta? This changes everything... haha.

I knew you couldn't have been losing that much weight the "normal" way. Probably made it easier for you to decide to use that method since you have a real life success story of your wife using it multiple times huh?

Keep up the good work!

Keep up the great work Cal, I wish I could drop weight that fast. I'm 6'1 and I've been at around 200 for about 3-4 years now. I love running and working out - it's just the diet and eating healthy part that always gets me. I. love. food. Just make sure you're getting all your nutrients and vitamins, especially when shedding weight that quickly.

Keep up the great work Cal, I wish I could drop weight that fast. I'm 6'1 and I've been at around 200 for about 3-4 years now. I love running and working out - it's just the diet and eating healthy part that always gets me. I. love. food. Just make sure you're getting all your nutrients and vitamins, especially when shedding weight that quickly.

yeap, diet is the hardest part. I have two sides of my that always fight each other. 1 side says I would like to be fit and look good and knows its a lot of sacrificing of the foods and drinks i love so much and time.

The other side gets drunk and punches the 1st side in the kidney and says, yeah i could do all that hard work and look good, but get hit by a bus tomorrow and not have had pizza and wings, or a nice burger and fries that i enjoy so much with 4-5 voda sprites or 4-5 beers.

Side 2 usualy wins

yeap, diet is the hardest part. I have two sides of my that always fight each other. 1 side says I would like to be fit and look good and knows its a lot of sacrificing of the foods and drinks i love so much and time.

The other side gets drunk and punches the 1st side in the kidney and says, yeah i could do all that hard work and look good, but get hit by a bus tomorrow and not have had pizza and wings, or a nice burger and fries that i enjoy so much with 4-5 voda sprites or 4-5 beers.

Side 2 usually wins
Exactly my problem. I'll never stop drinking beer. Trying new and interesting beers, and even brewing, are hobbies of mine. Hobbies that don't support a 6-pack.

Food is only an issue when I'm not doing the shopping. This either puts junk in the house, or nothing in the house so I go out and grab something. Unfortunately, this has been the case since college.

Back