were to get a GTR Skylane?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie+Dec 19 2003, 06:03 PM-->
Originally posted by mikesphat@Dec 19 2003, 04:27 PM
NotUrAverage_Si

:ph34r: I'd buy it :ph34r:

yeau my pops got a tri-pacer. hes been restoring it for a year and a half. wish i had pics it looks nice.

ok you want to know what cars you can import to U.S.

go to...
www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ELIG0521-03.html

and you will se for you self,

about 4 months ago I sold my Prelude and I wanted to buy a car-but from Germany cuz they have M3 out there hella cheap, since I have some relatives in Germany I would have some help for finding the right car for me,

and this muther fuckers have left (normal) side stering whell,

so I did some research and find out that to ship a car here shiping costs around $750 + all the EPA shit which is really expensive,

you also have to find a registered importer, so it depends how much he will charge you, I shop around and I found some who will do it from $4500
I mean all the papers and emisions, up to 15g's.......

so why I didn't buy a car from Germany,

I wanted a 98-99 M3, so what they said that the car have to have.....
/OBD
/cathalityc converter
/it needs to pass EPA test (EPA stands for Enviroment Protection Agency) something like that....
/reinforcements in bumpers,
/another Adometer, gouges in Miles-and only the dealer can make this change=so that's pricy...

hole bunch of shit,

the thing is you can import what ever car you want, but it will cost you about 25000, and that's only papers.....

so I made cople phone calls and they told me

in order to import a Riht or Left hand drive car, you have to right a letter to the manufacturer and make them say if this car is equiped with all the safe stuff
and for the right handed once you they have to say that this car is same as the left hand drive=I didn't call up the manufacturer, cuz it appeared to be too much of a headech.......

they also said that it is basically imposible, unless you have 25000 g's to give up, to import a 98 or 99 model, they said that I can easily import an 95model car with no problems, but this beaches changed the law in the Europe in 1995 so the whole system differs from USDM, they changed back in 2002 but I didn't want a '02 car because on these cars the prices are the same......

that's what stoped me, so I end up buying a DC2 I am very happy with it....

but I still want an German M3....

and if you what to see all the rules and regulations go to....
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/factmnc.htm

Originally posted by mikesphat+Dec 19 2003, 09:26 PM-->
Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 19 2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by mikesphat@Dec 19 2003, 04:27 PM
NotUrAverage_Si

yeau my pops got a tri-pacer. hes been restoring it for a year and a half. wish i had pics it looks nice.

Yummi...go get that damn camara and takes some pics

A little reminder...any car from Japan will pass the EPA inspections...if they don't, then just change the O2 sensor and it will. Japanese Inspection's are about 10X harder to pass than the hardest Cali inspection... Also if you get a car with over 40,000 miles from Japan..that is very rare. Most are junked at 30,000 miles.

eah I know know, but GDM cars are not like that, that's were I did my research on....

i've said it once, i've said it 102312 times. search.

the only way to LEGALLY REGISTER A SKYLINE IN THE USA IS TO HAVE IT USA-Speced by MOTOREX or one of their re-sellers, like RBmotoring.

that is all

I wonder how that person with the 89 Skyline got it street legal for Canada?

a couple months ago there was an R33 for sale at some dealership here in so cal. they wanted 40K for it. looked pretty nice, no R34 GTR though.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 19 2003, 09:58 PM
Airjockie Like's to
give everyone here
A wet dream for X-mas

:blink:

:eek:

:eek2:

Me to Airjockie ----> :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: * 10^398383.383272.

640x480-m002187357360031.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I just had about 5 wet dreams...and I'm awake. :D

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Dec 19 2003, 09:20 PM
How much is an R34 GTR in Japan, I mean if I was living there and wated a used one.

the r34 vspec (I or II, i forgot) is around 35-45k, brand new. the nur spec is around 50k i think, brand new also.

you can kind of figure out how much it will cost used.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Dec 20 2003, 08:48 AM
E0312251000E111003692.jpg

this is a nice one. isnt this nur spec?

found some price on how much it would cost to import and legalize a skyline to US:
R32 Skyline GTR 1990-1994 : $12,500USD
R33 Skyline GTR 1995 : $15,500USD
R33 Skyline GTR 1996-1998 : $21,500USD
R34 Skyline GTR 1999-2003 : $21,500USD
-from Fuel Imports, LLC

Back