Wescoast-turbo.com

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
anyone order anything from westcoast turbo before?
i rememebr they were a sponsor on this site before but had since left

i am most curious what is the difference between a stage 1, 2 and 3 turbine?
what aspect of the turbo most affects spool time?

i would be sticking it on a b18b1 with plans of raising the hp range of the enigne up to 7500rpm

right now i have a 14b on the engine and it starts spooling at 2500 and is at full boost arond 3800-4000rpm

does head flow mostly determine how effective the turbo can be or is it displacement of the engine

i have tried and tried to figure out compressor maps and can not yet figure them out and match it to my engine to determine what turbo would be ideal. does anyone know of an idiots guide to them or could someone recommend something

i am shooting for 250-300hp with stock internals and good tuning

google or search this forum for understanding compressor maps
i have seen the write up but have personally never read it so i can't say how good it is

stage 1 2 and 3 only mean something to the company selling/advertising
you want to compare like terms ie: trim ratios and sizes etc...
these are the aspects that will affect spool time, as well as ball bearing vs non ball bearing etc...

now sure what you mean by how effective the turbo can be
but boosted head work should be done with the assistance of a flow bench
the flow needs to be pretty close between cylinders unless you plan to wideband and tune each cylinder individually...

WCT ran a 1-month campaign with us and didn't renew. lots of start-ups do it. 1 banenr here, 1 there. they don't have the budget to run them everywhere at once.

i'd say go for a t3/t04e .57/.57 with a .63 a/r and stage 3 wheel.

that's cool then, what's the difference between the t3/t04b and the t3/t04e other that $100?

with the head flow question i was mostly wondering if it would be worth it to get a second LS head and put a bunch of work into it (port and polish, cam and valves) or do you guys thinik for all the work and money i could just find a vtec head and have ls/vtec and an equally well flowing head.

i wouldn;t bother working over an LS head
you can find them already worked for a steal
i would get a vtec head over LS anyday

remember the exhaust flanges will be diffrent

homemade port job. that's what i'd do to an LS. grab a dremel and be carefull, and mnake the ports a little better.

Back