West Coast Customs fined $16,000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thats gay, i bet it will be thrown out in court

all they have is they thought it was being built for show/ told customer for offroad use only, some stupid shit like that

Mr. Tyson said, "It's not only a bad idea to disable the air bag, it's against the law. Air bags are there for a purpose, to protect you. If you have a DVD player there instead of an air bag, it's not going to protect you in a crash."

how did anyone survive a car crash before 1989?!!

They shouldn't have a say in it either way. It's my car, I can do what I want with it within reason. I'm not endangering anyone else and quite frankly, airbags scare the piss outta me. I can only imagine what something moving at that speed will do to me if I am laying on the horn when I get hit.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Dec 30 2004, 09:33 PM
They shouldn't have a say in it either way. It's my car, I can do what I want with it within reason. I'm not endangering anyone else and quite frankly, airbags scare the piss outta me. I can only imagine what something moving at that speed will do to me if I am laying on the horn when I get hit.
[post=439353]Quoted post[/post]​

i hit a tree going ~150 riding co pilot in my buddies trans am

take it from me, you DO NOT want to be hit by an airbag lol

imagine mike tyson getting the biggest glove he can find and punching you as hard as he can. the glove so big it covers your entire face and chest.

honestly couldnt take a breath for a good 5 secs after impact. had trouble breathing for a few minutes after. my chest was sore for 3 days. all i could smell the rest of the night was the burnt up jet fuel thats used in airbags.

another small step to stop ricers. and did you see that xibits real name is alvin,haha lmfao. thats real gangsta, haha

Originally posted by micah+Dec 30 2004, 09:43 PM-->
@Dec 30 2004, 09:33 PM

imagine mike tyson getting the biggest glove he can find and punching you as hard as he can. the glove so big it covers your entire face and chest.

honestly couldnt take a breath for a good 5 secs after impact. had trouble breathing for a few minutes after. my chest was sore for 3 days. all i could smell the rest of the night was the burnt up jet fuel thats used in airbags.
[post=439357]Quoted post[/post]​

would you have rather hit the windshield? or slamed your head on the dash?

i was in a accident when my g/f hit a pole. i was not wearing a seatbelt, but i was completely fine. all i remember was me lifting off the seat and going for the windshield and poof i was back in my seat. thankgod for that airbag

Originally posted by micah+Dec 30 2004, 09:43 PM-->
@Dec 30 2004, 09:33 PM

[post=439357]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait.....you hit a tree with a car going 150MPH and you're complaining about the pain from the airbag? What? would you rather the alternative? lying 6' feet under. sheesh

well the driver wasnt wearing seatbelt and he walked away with no injuries. only injury i had was from the seatbelt cutting my colarbone in half.

im not complaining about not dying, im just saying that getting hit by an airbag is a bitch lol

An airbag is NOT a replacement for a seat belt. Yea, there are a few stories out there here and there that the air bag made them all safe and they weren't wearing a seat belt, but most of the time, the airbag will just throw you even further. with a seatbelt, an airbag DOES increase your chance of living after, lets say hitting a tree at 150 mph.

I disabled the airbags in the FoDo. I was doing 150 when I wrecked. I was wearing my seatbelt.

Hi. I'm still here. I'm also fine.

Airbags suck.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 31 2004, 04:30 AM
Airbags suck.
[post=439391]Quoted post[/post]​

"Mr. Darwin, you have another one"

Originally posted by ahedau@Dec 30 2004, 09:31 PM
Mr. Tyson said, "It's not only a bad idea to disable the air bag, it's against the law. Air bags are there for a purpose, to protect you. If you have a DVD player there instead of an air bag, it's not going to protect you in a crash."

how did anyone survive a car crash before 1989?!!
[post=439352]Quoted post[/post]​

lol :werd:

oh and WCC got :owned: even though 16g's is probably chump change for those rich fuckers.

Pardon me while I touch on a few things.

#1 California isn't a state anymore. I seceeded years ago. Along with New Jersey. And more recently, Ohio.

#2 150 mph hit in a tree ? You're a moron. End of conversation.

I smell shit.

-> Steve

i look at it like this.

every aspect of motorsports, be it rally, nascar, or f1, do not use air bags. their crashes are 12312321 times more severe than a 35mph average accident speed on city roads.

At the same time, they also have better safety measures- heltmets, cages, and harnesses.

i'd rather see the US pass a law that says all cars must have a 4-point cage, be equpied with 5-point harnesses, and a seat designed to handel the impact and a helmet for the noggin than to make them throw a pillow in front of my face.

While i do think they are a good idea to an extent- fact is, they just don't work as they should.
i've seen COUNTLESS minor to moderate accidents where the only injuries the drive sustained was that from the air bag. broken nose, broken thumbs, hands through the drive widow cuz it got pushed out by the bag.

i don't know about you, but i'd like to have my hands on the wheel and do all i can to ome to the safest stop possible, even after i've hit something. WHOOPIE! look at me MA! NO HANDS!.

Air bags, like ABS, are designed for the average idiot who can't fucking drive and wouldn't know what to do in a situation if it was in front of them.
Call me sexist, but girls are WAY more prone to this than guys. They freak out/scream and shit instead of trying to do something like avoid it.

Frankly, i'd want to shove a pillow in the bitches mouth too to shut her up.

But I digress....

more food for thought-
http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/air-bags.html

back on topic-
fuxk x to the beegees and all his cars. hack jobs. they have disgraced our sport more than apc has.

Back