what are you gonna do with your tax refund?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have no idea if I'll be getting anything back or I'll be paying - being this is the first year that we have the business. Still haven't gotten around to vetting out accountants yet.

My W2 is likely one of the most confusing that anyone has seen, based on some of the programs that work has in place to help reduce our personal tax liability.

oh, you have 1 confusing form? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh

I have all the GTL, 401k, roth, and other HSA line items too...

AND, I get 1099'ed for everything else I do...

here's my pile of 1099's a few years back
pict0825_sm.thumbnail.jpg

That was the last year I did my own taxes. /now, I just scan everything into a pdf and let Recked do the dirty work :) best thing I ever did

Last edited:
tax work is the fun side of accounting...
less black and white, more grey area to work the art form, so to speak.

Finally bought myself a nice assortment of detailing products. Its something I've wanted to do for a few years now.

Don't forget about all the toys. Even though the box the toy came in will be more fun.

Toys are a ways out still.

Lots of diapers, lots of crying. Not a lot of sleep.

Make sure to get one of those car seats that goes from car to stroller, etc. We had one that even clipped into most shopping carts. Nothing worse than having to wake up a sleeping baby to take it into the house or out of a stroller to put it in a car seat.

Wife and I together bumped us into a higher bracket last year and we actually owed $900. This year we have a new house and a new baby and a quick run through showed us getting about $4-5k back this year. :) We're gonna let H&R Block do it this year so we don't mess anything up on the house.

this year is the most I've ever gotten back. sticking that joker in savings for our house plans in a few years.

Back