what are your favorite unknown bands

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Define unknown ? Stannard Ridgeway only printed a few copies of his album, but he's in Wall of Voodoo. Wall of Voodoo isn't known at all these days until you mention "Mexican Radio", to which about 20% of the people say "Oh yeah!" and then move on with life.

I dont' know any Clutch songs. ergo, unknown to me.

Okay, sorry I didn't analyze this as deeply as you did. I thought unknown meant unknown, like, unsigned, local, undiscovered, obscure. Like I said, if they are on the radio, in a movie, or have a shirt at Hot Topic, they hardly qualify as unknown. But, enough with semantics...

Check out Anomalous, preferably the album Cognitive Dissonance.

Actually, I found a Kraftwerk t shirt at hot topic at the beginning of the year.

Everyone knocks the HT but really, when it comes down to it, they are offering designer labels that simply aren't found anywhere else except the LA / NY boutiques from whence they came, and the t's are officially licenced, meaning a more expensive wholesale buy.

just sayin :)

i'm thinking they're pretty well known, but i was reminded today of how much i dig 'me first and the gimme gimmes.'

:shrug2:

I don't mind Hot Topic at all. My point was only that if the band shirt is there, they are officially mainstream. Like, I love Opeth, who was never on the wall until their new album and tour and now somehow, they have three shirts? It seems to cheapen the music in a way.

Most band shirts are designed by the member's wives, girlfriends, good friends or even their children.

I learned this when I worked for The Mountain. Oh and Abby Terkuhle is a riot.

I don't mind Hot Topic at all. My point was only that if the band shirt is there, they are officially mainstream. Like, I love Opeth, who was never on the wall until their new album and tour and now somehow, they have three shirts? It seems to cheapen the music in a way.

+1 for Opeth.

My whole HS wrestling team was obsessed.

Holy crap, Hondaswap has a wrestling team?!

Everyone else said:
blah blah non-wrestling stuff

I can't believe you people aren't wondering about this secret Hondaswap wrestling team as much as I am.

I dug further and discovered the truth.

It turns out that B runs an underground wrestling club under the guise of a swap site. My sources have gone to great lengths to uncover this photo of him in action:

9684d1230072718-hondaswapwrestling.jpg

Next Flag Day cover? :ph34r: Remember, the truth is out there!

Attachments

• HondaSwapWrestling.jpg
    HondaSwapWrestling.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
It turns out that B runs an underground wrestling club under the guise of a swap site. My sources have gone to great lengths to uncover this photo of him in action:

you need some rep for that- and i can't rep you because i gotta go whore it out. :D great chop though! like, fantastic.

its cool how every youtube vid stops at 2 seconds and wont play

totally awesome

I'd search for vidZ, but I dont care enough

Shark Attack
Caliban
Sheer Terror
American Nightmare
Hatebreed (but I only like 1 of their CD's)
Daughters
Bluetip
Against Me (Reinventing Axl Rose....that new CD blows)
Cursed
Strike Anywhere
Killing Tree
Refused

I kind of stopped listening to music since Sirius came out....I've pretty much got talk radio going 24-7 in the car/work van

back in high school I was a big hardcore fan
Snapcase
Strife
Earth Crisis
Shelter
Fugazi
Gorilla Biscuits
Minor Threat
Bane
Sick of it All
ect ect ect

I've still got all that shit out in the garage....somewhere

damn who knew hs was full off oldschool hardcore fans..nice!!

I can't believe you people aren't wondering about this secret Hondaswap wrestling team as much as I am.

I dug further and discovered the truth.

:lmao:

B looks entirely too happy with his hand around that guys crotch.

Back