What blocks are compatible with a y8 Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Docta2002

I just spun a bearing on my y8... I already had a cylinder head rebuilt so I need a block. It's being very hard to find a y8 block, all I find are complete engines or ones that are out of my price range but i did see some d15s, z6s, etc for sale (short block only) but im not sure if it'll be compatible with my 'everything else' from my D16y8. Let me know. Thanks you guys....

Pick a D16/D15 block. D16Z6, D15B7, D16Y7, D16A...etc. etc. The D16Z6 or D16A6 will be your best choices. From what I have learned, the Y series have oiling issues and tend to spin bearings easily.. I will be doing the samething with a Y8 head and a Z6 block. Best of luck to you my friend. :thumbsup:

I should have said "from what I have been taught" before. Blanco is the sites D-series guru and he has taught me quite a bit. He pointed out to me that Y series blocks tend to have oiling issues, which leads them to throw bearings...etc. etc.

I just spun a bearing on my y8... I already had a cylinder head rebuilt so I need a block. It's being very hard to find a y8 block, all I find are complete engines or ones that are out of my price range but i did see some d15s, z6s, etc for sale (short block only) but im not sure if it'll be compatible with my 'everything else' from my D16y8. Let me know. Thanks you guys....
i have a perfect running d16y8 block for sale pm if you want it.

Back