what chip to install/ how much money will

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996cool

I have a 96 dx to mini swap I would love to add a chip but dont know wich one will work best.can I add a chip on my own and then go tune it or do I have to let the tuning people chip it and tune it. and also how much will it cost?

to do it yourself with uberdata or something is the best bet and will yield the best results.

Although you're not going to gain much at all it shouldn't be more than $80 for all the hardware. Then dyno time.

NEVER get any of those ebay chips or any other chip that isn't specifically tuned for YOUR engine. I don't mean type either, I mean your exact engine.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 9 2005, 11:41 AM
to do it yourself with uberdata or something is the best bet and will yield the best results.

Although you're not going to gain much at all it shouldn't be more than $80 for all the hardware. Then dyno time.

NEVER get any of those ebay chips or any other chip that isn't specifically tuned for YOUR engine. I don't mean type either, I mean your exact engine.
[post=510155]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks for the info...

well ive been using the pyr generic chip on my lsv and it works fine....but it is best to get a custom mapped chip....i'm just broke right now....

Back