What Do Ya Think

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DOHC ZC

Looking to build a motor for one of our customers at the shop. He asked me about this combo. hes got a 88 REX Si. He asked about useing his A6 block with a Y8 head and putting DOHC ZC pistons in it. Now what i want to know, is this a good combo, I have never really thought about it before. It sounds good because the ZC pistons are domed and should yeld a higher comp. ratio. Just tell me what you think about it, or if you have tried it, how did it turn out.

yeah it is a good combo, i think the zc pistons will have to be machined to fit the a6 rods... i have heard of quite a few people doing this, and i have heard it makes a good amount of power too. I have not seen this exact set up but i have seen z6 heads on a6 blocks and they have been pretty powerful. I would recommend putting a bigger intake manifold on, some aggressive cams, adjustible cam gears, and a stronger valve train...
Good Luck man.

The ZC/A1 pistons fit the A6 rods fine and are cheap. You can use A1 rods even. I have a D series compression calculator on my site that lets you mix and match components. Just remember to adjust piston to deck clearance with different pistons

My Website

you can also check out this site for any questions on what to use to add the Y8 Head
just do a search and lots will come up

D-Series BBS

anyone seen dyno sheets of this set up? This guy wants to know what kinda power he could have.

Back