What do you guys (and gals) think of my Civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZexCivic

It is a 1988 Civic LX. It's got 155,000 miles on it. But pretty much everything that's able to be replaced is new. The engine is a JDM DOHC ZC, the engine only has been run for a couple hours total since I put it in. It's not running right now, I seem to be having some distributor problems. I think anyway. The whole car has been repainted the stock color, I added more metal flake though, makes it a little more shiney and sparkely in the sun. My best friend and I have personally done all of the mods to the car, other than the paint anyway.

The brakes are all new, it has Aerospeed coilovers front and rear with KYP stuts. I have added Neuspeed front, rear, and lower rear strut braces. The wheels are 16" Mille Miglia Evo5's with Yokohama Parada Spec-2 tires, 205 40/16s.

When the engine showed up at my house, I completely tore it down to the crank, had the block hot tanked and painted, then bored .10 over. The deck was ground down slightly to bring it back to perfectly flat. I cleaned up the stock crank and put Eagle H-beam rods in with SRP pistons and rings. The block had to be notched to allow the new thicker rods to move freely. All of the bearings, seals, and gaskets were replaced before everything was reassembled. Also installed a new water pump, and alternator as well.

The head spent some time at the machine shop too. I was fully ported and polished, with a 3 angle valve job. Then completely cleaned, painted and then reassembled. All of the seals and gaskets for the head were replaced as well. It is being held together with ARP headstuds.

For the rest of the engine, I added an AEM fuel rail and regulator along with a Venom fuel pump. Venom injectors soon to follow. I have an APC intake with a Gude throttle body. The exhaust leaves via a Chikara header, through custom bent 2.25" pipe and out a Magnaflow muffler. I also installed a full MSD ingnition system including the SCI control unit, external coil with modified dist. cap. And a ZEX nitrous system with a 10 lb. bottle supplying a 75 shot.

The transmission is the JDM ZC tranny with the LSD. I am using a Neuspeed N2 street clutch and a lightened flywheel. I also installed the Raxle axles made for the ZC swap.

I have also added a full stereo system, but I won't bore you any more with all that crap. Thanks for taking the time to read this, let me know what you like, don't like, or think that I'm missing. Once I get it back on the road, I plan to finish building the head (valves, retainers, springs), and add a SC. This engine project has cost me about $5000 so far and has taken about a year to get this far.

Here's a pic of how it sits currently.

s4042d2f813892.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 3 2004, 06:58 AM
not diggin the stunna wheels... but other than that, looks clean

Jeepers creepers what are those, Neepers?

j/p but they do look big for 16"s

Exterior is a waste of time unless rust is eating you alive. j/k
More engine pics please!

Looks real clean, I would like to see close up pics of the engine though.
It looks real clean from this pic.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. And I swear those are only 16's. Mille Miglia Evo5's, and they're not even that heavy thankfully.

I don't have a ton of engine pics quite yet, but if you go look at my gallery I have uploaded some pictures from when I was building it up. Also, gotta check out my Accord!

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
:concur: Looks pretty clean..but i don't care for the wheels..i'd love to find a hatch around that year for my project that is that clean. :thumbsup:

I like it a lot. :thumbsup:

I've got similar plans for my girlfriend's 88 LX, whenever she gets up to buying a new car... her car will probably end up stripped on the inside though.

i don'r mind the rims but ditch the colored wire loom, otherwise it looks like your trying to copy some mad jdm neon "tuner".

That accord is the shit!...I used to have one just like it but blue...loved that car...it wouldn't die... :thumbsup:

Back