What Do You Guys/Girls think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Think

I was just asking what you peeps thought about this set up on a 1999 Civic EX w/ VTEC. I recently purchased the AEM cold air intake and was going to get this:

RS*R Stainless Steel Exhaust package.
DC 4-1 Header.

I found this setup to be the most offordable while at the same time giving me what i wanted ( a gain in HP and a good sounding (not loud, not quiet) exhaust.

Thanks

Originally posted by Think@Mar 14 2004, 04:08 PM
I was just asking what you peeps thought about this set up on a 1999 Civic EX w/ VTEC. I recently purchased the AEM cold air intake and was going to get this:

RS*R Stainless Steel Exhaust package.
DC 4-1 Header.

I found this setup to be the most offordable while at the same time giving me what i wanted ( a gain in HP and a good sounding (not loud, not quiet) exhaust.

Thanks

Go with a 4-2-1 header, and then think about the Apex'i WS Exaust. The setup you have here would be fine, but you probably want a nice bump in the mid ranges that a 4-2-1 header will give you, where as the 4-1 will give you more top end.

The Apex'i exaust would be that nice sound, low price, nice build quality, and a good power gain.

just my .02

Ian

yeah, I wanted more of a midrange power quality header. Would that 4-2-1 header be best for that? I kind of had my mind set on that RS*R package though. Thanks for the replies!

"generally speaking" yes the 4-2-1 gives more midrange,,,,,,,but nothing like a substantial increase over the 4-1

The RS*R exhaust is a great street exhaust, but your header choise sucks. The DCsport header is more for looks then anything. My freind has one on his R, and he gained 1 hp over stock (dyno proven). Lost some weight but thats about it. What a waste of cash. Save your money for at least the JDM ITR 4-1 header, if not better. Also, besides being shitty performance wise, they suck reliablity wise. One of my freinds had to weld his right where it meets the block because it cracked.

Originally posted by Think@Mar 14 2004, 06:58 PM
yeah, I wanted more of a midrange power quality header. Would that 4-2-1 header be best for that? I kind of had my mind set on that RS*R package though. Thanks for the replies!

the comptech is a 4-2-1
it costs around $470
its supposed to be pretty good

i would still go for a JDM ITR 4-1 though

:lol: , you guys are tards :p ...
Originally posted by Think@Mar 14 2004, 06:08 PM
was just asking what you peeps thought about this set up on a 1999 Civic EX w/ VTEC.

it's a d-series you kooks, the ITR header won't fit. the DC header would be fine, and the rs*r exhaust is top notch :thumbsup: .

bah, fuck a d-series. don't dump a god damn dime into it. save for a B :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2004, 07:41 AM
bah, fuck a d-series. don't dump a god damn dime into it. save for a B :)

werd to that. I would have spent 4k vs the 2k that I did on my swap to make my old d-series the as fast as my GSR, and my GSR is stock, there is tons of room to improve, with the d-series, I would be getting close to maxing out the power, and maxing out the streetability.

But if you insist on keeping your shitty d16y7, buy the BiSimotors header. Very bad ass design.

how is he gonna put a jdm itr header on a d series?
personally I would get a powercore 4-2-1 header-on my friends 99 civic ex it made 5hp and 3ft lbs trq on the dyno. and a apexi n1 exhaust for a 2000 civic si.

rs*r exhaust = awesome
dc anything = :thumbsdown:
me and my friends have had quite some luck with S&S 4-1 headers. On my buddies b16 crx they dynoed 6hp and 4ft lbs xtra, but at a higher rpm range than the 4-2-1's. I'd much prefer the 4-1 design because when you are actually racing, why do you need mid range power other than in 1st gear? I think 4-2-1's are just parasitic at higher rpms. Thats my opinion tho.

look into getting a nice throttle body/intake manifold setup.. that would nicely compliment the above. also some b16 injectors will give you a little more juice to burn.

Originally posted by AlphaCivic@Mar 16 2004, 07:35 AM
also some b16 injectors will give you a little more juice to burn.

urr both b series and d-series injectors are the same 240cc's. That will do absolutly nothing for you, and even if they were diffrent, you only need bigger injectors/more fuel if your detonating like if you have a turbo or something in that nature.

Back