What Do You Think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

My friend and i were drunk last night and we started talking. I bet him that I could run an 8.6 a year from now, when right now with spray I am running a 9.0. He says that I cannot run an 8.6 within a year and at the track I run 9.0 my best time. He was there when I ran so he knows I can run it. He said if I pull it off he will give me $100, if I don't he gets my 6 year old surround sound system. This year I will have the money for a new cam, low comp. pistons, new rings, rods, and clutch. I am going to bump the spray from a 50 shot to a 75 shot. Mind you my car is a 98 DX coupe with stock internals right now. Do you think I can pull this off once I get everything done?

BTW, I get new tires Monday, right now I am missing so much tread on my right tire that I am one legging it, when I launch. But the 9.0 was raced with a set of brand new Toyos.

-Chris

are you going turbo or are you going to stay with no2 for a long time, if not i wouldnt get low comp pistons i would just get the high comp and a new cam cam gear intake header exhaust with hi flow cat with a nice set of tires and if you want a 75 shot spray for the ride you might get it, if it is all done right

I am going turbo but it will be after the 1st of next year. I want to make sure I have everything. A friend of mine sold me a IHI T3 for $75. So I have to get the rest, thats why I am going with a low compression piston.

I already have the header, intake, exhaust, no cat, & 2 1/4" exhaust piping. So I just have to wait for my grant money to come in for school this year and I can probably get the cam and pistons.

hold on youre running 9.0 with a motor that has stock internals?

Originally posted by KrUsHa@Mar 22 2003, 09:28 PM

dude, it is an 1/8 mile (although I have no idea how fast that really is because there are no 1/8 miles around and I have nothing to compare it to). Chris, what kind of suspension you running now?

Not at all. Remember you are accelerating the whole time so the 2nd 1/8 mile of a 1/4 mile run goes quicker than the first.

nothing but 1/8th mile tracks in this area.
8.6's should be cake. im shooting for 7.9
if all you have is 1/8th mile tracks, take your 1/8th mile time and multiply it by 1.555 to get your 1/4 time.

ie: 10.16 x 1.555 = 15.798

accurate to within a few hundredths of a second from what i understand.
an 8.6 would be a 13.37
a 7.9 would be a 12.28

if hes already running a 9 flat i dont see 8.6 as unbelieveable. especially giving him a year to get there.

ok, i just watched Lapieuvre (sp?)'s vidoe in the kill sotries forum.

most the civics were running 10's. and a couple looked like ex's and si's.
a dx plus a bottle is not going to knock 2 seconds off that, im sorry

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 22 2003, 09:40 PM-->
@Mar 22 2003, 09:28 PM

Chris, what kind of suspension you running now?

I am running agx adjustables and eibach springs.

Pissedoffsol, I am running a 14.0 in a 1/4 mile according to micah's math. It was a test and tune night and that was my best run. I was averaging 9.2ish. The second run I got a 9.0 and I took out my passenger seat and backseat and spare tire, trying to rid some weight. I hooked really good that run too. I will try to find my slip so I can prove it. I will scan it tomorrow and put it on here.

Sorry to say but that seems like :bs: .

Low end speed doesn't have much to do with top end. My brother has a 4th gen dx with i/h/e and it is a little peppy up to like 60-65ish then once into 3rd gear it is so gutless it takes about 10 seconds to do 80 from 60. See my point? Low gears can be fast which the 1/8 is good for but the 1/4 is where you can actually tell what the true performance is.

Another example, my buddy has a old caprice classic with a 454 pretty built yet it takes a good 6-7 seconds to get to 0-60 yet when he hits 60-100 it seems like a blink of an eye. He runs low 12's on the bottle and low 13's but at the 1/8 he only runs mid 8's.

The equation isn't accurate.

my .02

Another example, my buddy has a old caprice classic with a 454 pretty built yet it takes a good 6-7 seconds to get to 0-60 yet when he hits 60-100 it seems like a blink of an eye. He runs low 12's on the bottle and low 13's but at the 1/8 he only runs mid 8's

lol Slammed89Integra

from my first post - an 8.6 would be a 13.37

a mid 8 apparently is a low 13 :\

like i said the magazine said it was the most accurate way of figuring up 1/4 times from nothing more than your 1/8.

i dunno though, i didnt come up with it :\

Originally posted by micah@Mar 25 2003, 01:08 AM
Another example, my buddy has a old caprice classic with a 454 pretty built yet it takes a good 6-7 seconds to get to 0-60 yet when he hits 60-100 it seems like a blink of an eye. He runs low 12's on the bottle and low 13's but at the 1/8 he only runs mid 8's

lol Slammed89Integra

from my first post - an 8.6 would be a 13.37

a mid 8 apparently is a low 13 :\

like i said the magazine said it was the most accurate way of figuring up 1/4 times from nothing more than your 1/8.

i dunno though, i didnt come up with it :\

lmao, :owned:

Back