What Else For Ls/vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tnsxsear

What else do i need to get my ls/vtec to be pretty quick and what do you all suggest i get extra. This is all the stuff i have as of right now.
My car is a 98 civic cx hatchback..

99 b18b1 block already tapped for oil lines.etc..
00 b16a2 head
00 b16a2 transmission
00 CTR cams, int & exh
00 p73 ITR pistons on ls rods
new centerforce clutch
new arp headbolts for b18b1
new headgasket for b18b1
97 obd2 p72 ecu

Things i need:
VTEC oil pump and watter pump

Thanx in advance -Paul

Do you already have the ITR pistons on the LS rods?

Sell the B18B ARP head studs and buy the ones for the B18C1, the LS head studs won't work. You need a GSR timing belt. If the bottom end is not assembled yet you will need new piston rings. Basically the more that you can replace now the better. What rod bolts are you running?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 21 2003, 12:35 AM
Do you already have the ITR pistons on the LS rods?

Sell the B18B ARP head studs and buy the ones for the B18C1, the LS head studs won't work. You need a GSR timing belt. If the bottom end is not assembled yet you will need new piston rings. Basically the more that you can replace now the better. What rod bolts are you running?

Yeah the pistons are already on the LS rods. and they have new rings also. The ARP bolts are already on the block and they are for the LS. as for rod bolts, im not sure. a friend assembled them for me. and im using the ls timing belt, but i will get a gsr one if i get the vtec oil pump... anything else i should do?? thanx everyone.

Are you saying that the ARP LS head studs are already on the block with the VTEC head? I don't think that is possible.

As for the timing belt, oil pump has no effect on the timing belt you need. The oil pump is driven by the crank. Water pump determines which belt you use. If you use a VTEC water pump you need a VTEC belt and vice versa.

Back