what exhaust sounds and prefoms the best

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

looking for all your info.....guess this is the right placed since it involves a swap. If not i am not sure what forum to put it in.

sounds best is kinda subjective

some people like a loud ass race car sounding exhaust, some people like a deep but loud sound, some people like a real quiet deep tone, some people like a damn near stock deep sound

what sound are you looking for?

and what engine / car will this be for?

oh yeah my bad. 92 civic with a b16a sirII with a dc sports 4-1 header. And i am not sure what sound i want exactly, but i do know i want an exhaust that actually improves the performance not jujst makes it sound better.....!!!!!!!!!!!

You can get piping kits from Kteller.com and weld them together yourself. Its a lot cheaper: $220+$60 for a resonator and you have a full 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust in stainless steel.

Originally posted by tip@Jul 13 2005, 09:30 PM
oh yeah my bad. 92 civic with a b16a sirII with a dc sports 4-1 header. And i am not sure what sound i want exactly, but i do know i want an exhaust that actually improves the performance not jujst makes it sound better.....!!!!!!!!!!!
[post=525886]Quoted post[/post]​

Well sound is still a major factor in your decision because there are some loud ass exhausts and some deep tone exhausts that will get you about the same hp and tq gains. What's more important to you, the sound or the performance, and like E_SolSi said what kind of sound are you looking to get? You got pretty much the exact same setup as I do minus a AEM short-ram and I'm gonna go with a RS*R ExMag for the sound(or lack of) and performance. A little more pricy than others but from what I've heard its worth it. And yeah price is a factor in your decision a little too :)

Apex WS with the silencer attached is great. WAY TOO LOUD for my tastes if you dont put that silencer on. Has a great deep tone with it.

RSR, Invidia, Apexi, HKS, Magnaflow are a few good ones that I know of but you should be more specific about what sound you want they all sound different, oh and also put a price you want to pay for it.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 14 2005, 04:52 PM
Apex WS with the silencer attached is great. WAY TOO LOUD for my tastes if you dont put that silencer on. Has a great deep tone with it.
[post=526035]Quoted post[/post]​

Loud? Where have you heard one, because I have one, and have heard others, and loud is just not the word for it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 14 2005, 02:16 PM-->
reikoshea
@Jul 14 2005, 04:52 PM
Apex WS with the silencer attached is great.  WAY TOO LOUD for my tastes if you dont put that silencer on.  Has a great deep tone with it.

Loud? Where have you heard one, because I have one, and have heard others, and loud is just not the word for it.
[post=526210]Quoted post[/post]​

CTR swapped hatch out here in denton. He has the Apexi WS w/ silencer now. We had to install it after we had the entire system in. Made driving a little uncomfortable.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Jul 14 2005, 03:49 PM
If you want a quieter one go with thermal. I loved my exhaust, and it was a nice deep rich powerful powerful.
[post=526237]Quoted post[/post]​

they have a good over all sound.stockish at idle, deep soft tone at around 3k but when up get it up to the 5k+ its gets louder but still has a deep tone. i dont know about preformance because my boy had it put on with 3 inch piping on a n/a gsr. i think he is loosing power from that but hey not my car. but if you want loud i can say the rsr gt2 i got from b is loud and i def felt a better throttle response and it didnt bog down like not having a muffler did(bad exhaust leak) but aslong as you get rid of the stock piping for some mandel bends your bound to have some kind of gains

I have a DC sports cat-back that I absolutely love on my integra. No raspy at all, at any RPMS, and its near silent on the highway and cruising, but when you open it up its got a really mellow deep growl thats almost completely identical to the growl coming from the intake... its music.

I guess that i would prefer a deep sounding exhaust with great performance. I DO NOT want anything that is load as hell. I think that is a little high schoolish..!!
and on price i really don't want to go broke on an exhaust but will pay for a good one if it gives a deep sound that also gives great performance..

Originally posted by reikoshea+Jul 14 2005, 11:25 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 14 2005, 02:16 PM
reikoshea

CTR swapped hatch out here in denton. He has the Apexi WS w/ silencer now. We had to install it after we had the entire system in. Made driving a little uncomfortable.
[post=526292]Quoted post[/post]​

First time ever to hear someone think that the WS is too loud. Maybe your buddy was running a different B pipe, or a test pipe or something.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 14 2005, 06:30 PM-->
Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 14 2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 14 2005, 02:16 PM
reikoshea
Apex WS with the silencer attached is great.  WAY TOO LOUD for my tastes if you dont put that silencer on.  Has a great deep tone with it.

[post=526292]Quoted post[/post]​

First time ever to hear someone think that the WS is too loud. Maybe your buddy was running a different B pipe, or a test pipe or something.
[post=526326]Quoted post[/post]​

Must have been a test pipe... He used the word uncomfortable and I don't know any exhausts with a cat that are that loud.... especially the World sport.....

And BTW Magnaflow is hands down the best exhaust you cn buy. Period. The end. That's really all. Stop reading. I'm done. I mean it. why are you still reading this and not running out and buying a magnaflow? :p

Back