What Front Motor Mount

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kakarrott

i swaped this B16a into 90 civic but the front mount wont fit,tranny sits to the side alittle to the side what mount would i use and is it nessesary i got 3 hasport mount in it 2side and the back one (((((( 1 more ? my speedo cable seems a tad bit short wich one can i use forthis cable tranny LSD w00t.
:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Kakarrott@Mar 31 2003, 09:44 PM
i swaped this B16a into 90 civic but the front mount wont fit,tranny sits to the side alittle to the side what mount would i use and is it nessesary i got 3 hasport mount in it 2side and the back one (((((( 1 more ? my speedo cable seems a tad bit short wich one can i use forthis cable tranny LSD w00t.
:blink:

ok first off...you don't need the front mount...hasport makes good mounts so i don't see why your tranny should be sitting weird...your whole motor should be crooked if your tranny is crooked...if that's the case...ask hasport for another set...pretty sure they'll do that...i've heard of a couple people having the speedo cable too short...mine wasn't too short fortunately...and i don't know what car you could get one from...try a CRX Si...that one might work

Front mount is NOT needed with the haSports like was said above...

You might wanna pull the crossmember and have the stock mount location for the front mount grinded off. Sometimes this can hit the tranny when installing.

The rear mount on the HaSport kit control front/rear loads completely. No need for a front mount with this setup.

If the engine is sitting cockeyed, you MIGHT have the driver side mount installed up side down. I've heard of this being done before. Everything else is a no brainer. Make CERTAIN you have the 90-93 intergra rear tranny mount adapter. If you have the wrong piece <94+ integ or 99-00 Civic Si> this may cause some alignment issues also.

OK i have the jdm sir rear crossmember on with the hasport rear mount the only prob was the front but since u guys say its not needed the hell with the front i will have to remove the brackets tho because they sit like centimeters away from the tranny i can try to bend them to the sides maybe that will work........And as the speedo cable let it snap of then i will start the search for the correct part THANKS PALS ooooooo????????TECHNICAL ABOUT MY Engine i havent been able to start it yet its not getting spark at all, it cranks and thats all it does i checked fuel pressure its good piston compression is 190psi across timming has been checked by me and to other wanna be mechanics Friends LOL its all good i have sorta checked for the grounded wires its seems ok i installed the VTEC wiring i got from hasport i took out the ones that where taking the vTec wires place and taped them out ,Im lost as why i get no spark is it the ICM or COIL i am getting power to the connection to the coil i cheked with a fluke meter its like 11 or 12, im really stumped would u guys no someting i might have missed .............Thanks u Pals........

i just got done with the same swap in my '91 hatch. i just pounded open the front mount-you don't need it. one issue i did have was the length of the axles. i have a 2nd gen b16 with a '93 gsr tranny. i currently run two passenger side axles. it seems the driver side axle they gave me was too long. so i exchanged it with the pass. side one. how wierd is that? oh well, it runs super strong. im stoked... good luck.

hey guys im about to replace my mounts for my engine in my CRX. currently it has a b18c1 in it with ys1 tranny. with the existing mounts (i think are place racing) the front tranny mount is being used, now when i change over to the hasport mounts will i still be using it or will i have to bend/grind it out of the way? or is this only with the 4g civics? someone please clear this up

i had an '88 crx si that i just sold. i did a b18a1 and had the hasport kit. it didn't utilize the front mount, but i didn't have to bend it over like my hatch. the hasport kits are designed so you do away with the front mount. their kits are the best on the market, hands down. i used three different kits from them and i swear they are the best. peace out.

Back