What fuel does JDM b16a SiR II uses?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Akirazian

Banned
What fuel does the JDM B16a SiR II motor uses? Well, in my state (California). The highest octane gas that i've seen is 92. But i'm using 91. Am i using the right gas? It makes ticking noises. And I was wondering if i am using the right fuel. I have the basic mods I/H/E

just get the highest gas possible, if i dont put premium in my usdm b16 it ticks...highest here in fl is 92

get some octane boost, im pretty sure that the jdm motors have been run at a higher octane then we run here. you might want a vavle job done also if you dont already have one done.

micha- it ticks if you dont put premium in ur USDM b16? i dunno bout u but i run regular ol' 87 in my GSR engine and it runs fine.

yeah my motor ticks with anything below premium...
b16a3 in a 94 sol
when i bought it the guy told me that and i thought it was crap, i mean i was planning on running premium anyway but whatever, anyway my dad put cheap gas in it once and it started ticking

well, the b16 does have a higher CR than the b18c (gsr) i dont put anything but premium in my car either, you want to avoid knocking/pinging... guess it matters how much you care about your motor :)

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Dec 30 2002, 12:09 PM
get some octane boost, im pretty sure that the jdm motors have been run at a higher octane then we run here.

Japan has 98 octane gas so yes your correct there. octane boost does nothing. It raises octane levels by like .1 points, it is not worth the money

i know that this is pretty much totally non related but what is the octane rating for Diesel Fuel? Is it possible to ignite (sp) with a spark plug at higher compressions (like over 15:1 cp ratios)?

I don't know the octane rating for diesel fuel, but I'm sure that there is one. I don't see why you couldn't ignite it with a spark plug- you wouldn't need high compression to fire it with a spark either.

Back