What Is This Sensor On The H22?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

There's a solenoid of some sort mount just over the fuel injectors. It looks just like the purge control solenoid (with the round cap like thing on it). It has a vacuum hose going to the fuel pressure regulator and it has a connector with 2 wires. Does anyone know what this solenoid is for and what it's called? if possible what color wires should be going to it?

I think I know which one you're talking about. I'll go out and look when I leave work, and post it up tomorrow.

Idle Air Control. If I am not mistaken, it's a valve that allows more air to pass by the throttle plate to increase idle RPM.

Negative, if you're talking about the purge valve looking thing right over the fuel rail, that's NOT the IAC, that's on the intake manifold.

What you're looking at is call the Fuel Injection Air control valve. What it does is between 1500 and 3500 rpm(or so) it allows air to enter the fuel rail, it's completely a waste of time to use it, just ensure that you use Hondata or an AFC to adjust your maps for that range otherwise you'll run rich. It's an emissions control device.

Thanks for the info. Currently mine is not connected. I'm going to be chipping the ECU so hopoefully that'll take care of the fuel maps.

ok everyone, i have not read abput his at all, so i would like and answer, not go look over there in that topic. ok my question is: is it good to run rich when u race and should i get rid of the fuel injection air conrol valve. and how would i remap the fuel, i need and answer plz.

peace

Back