what is widest wheel for bb4 wheelwell

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone know tha widest wheel that can go on the front of a bb4 prelude? Will i have to cut the fender to go over 7.5? I was thinkin about 9.5's front 8.5's rear.

Quoted post[/post]]
Does anyone know tha widest wheel that can go on the front of a bb4 prelude? Will i have to cut the fender to go over 7.5? I was thinkin about 9.5's front 8.5's rear.

I'm running the stock blade rims with 205/55/15's and theyre rubbing you can fit 205-215 POSSIBLY 225's but the deal is with Height mostly because even stock the tire hieght matters because if you go over a certain inch height they rub on the inner fender wells

well my 7.5s with 215/40/17s dont rub, but im pretty sure 9s would...thats just wide as fuck for a lude.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I'm running the stock blade rims with 205/55/15's and theyre rubbing you can fit 205-215 POSSIBLY 225's but the deal is with Height mostly because even stock the tire hieght matters because if you go over a certain inch height they rub on the inner fender wells

yall think 16x8's all around would be smart or should i do something like 16x7.5 in front and x8 in back?

I want the car to handle like a porsche 911 GT2. I know that will never happen with just a 9 inch tire, and i know suspensions are significantly complicated, but for some reason I think it will make the car more neutral or am i wrong? I was thinking 16x9 front 16x8 rear. I guess the only real way to know is to slap the things on there and go a couple laps, but you see that takes time and money so i come here for your opinions.

What kind of mods would i have to make on the car to get that wheel on there? Is it just the plastic wheel well cover that will scrape because that can go. I also dont mind doing a little sheet metal work on the fenders, but if there is something major in the way like the frame I would like to know as it just becomes more time and more money. Now i know I am being lazy and should just go outside and measure it but i was just wondering what everyones experiences have been.

What other modifications to the suspension have you made? Most people don't go much bigger than a 7.5 inch wheel, because that is all they need. you are working with a lighter car, and a car that is setup much differently than any porsche. You will never get your prelude to handle like a gt2. Hav you driven a gt2, or are you just saying that because you have read reviews on it? It's fairly easy to get your car to handle well, and it doesn't involve bigger tires in any way, at least not huge tires.

If you want a neutral ride, go out and get a nice set of coilovers, front and rear sway bars, and upper and lower strut tower bars. That will firm your ride up quite a bit. If your tires are too large, your car is going to lag, because you're going to be dealing with a lot of unnecessary weight. A good set of 215 series tires will give you a good contact patch - I'd go with a 16x7.5 with some 215/40-r16's on there. That will give you good traction, a well sized tire that's not going to bog you down, and better prices and selection of tires. Fatter tires cost more, weigh more, and have a bit more rolling resistance, and might hinder you rather than help you, unless you have like 500 or more hp, in which case I would be out of my league. Hope that helps you out.

pretty easy to figure out yall just get a plumb bob and know how to use it and your allset. and yes i figured out mine. time to mmake a few mods :D

not to thread-jack, but would a lude on sportlines rub with a 215/40-18 tire?

I have a third gen. lude and i put a set of 18 ADR's with the goodyear g-force tires on them, and they fit in the front fine, but since i had the four wheel steering they rubbed on the control arm in the back. which sucked, but i sold them and baught a set of 17's with pirelli nero zero tires, and they fit perfectly without rubbing at all, and it handles around anything like a dream, its the best handling car ive ever driven, hope that helps some.

Last edited:
lol you guys are clowns!! lol jk

first off, what offset are you trying to run? the prelude comes with stock +45 offset and 15x6 wheels i think. now if you want to run fat wheels/tires, then you'll need to run +38 or +35 offset wheels and that could be up to i am taking a guess here 16x8 wheels, but then you'll need to roll the fenders so you dont rub on teh outside. i am not sure if it'll rub on the inside .

Back