What Kinda Tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

alot of this section talks about springs, coilovers, etc.. but very little about tires.. so what i wanna know is what kind do like and for what? meaning McThompson for drag.. etc.. just curious since tires are the only thing that is in contact with the road unless you crashed or lowered so far that ur exhaust scraps..

i have always had good luck with dunlop, sumitomo, and yokohama. im going to tryout some kumho's i just got though and see if they are any good. i have only used them for street use.

i go straight out with Nitto.....top noch performance man...

nittos arent worth the money, maybe the drag radials but thats about it, and yes i have had nittos before.

the falken azenzis are really nice wheels. i personally dont have it myself, but i have friends that have them and the ride is nice. perfect for street/strip IMO.

im running dunlop sp5000's on my daily driver and they are great .... they handle great on dry pavement, great in the rain, and i can get through more snow than bill can with his truck

I've had a few different types of "all season" yokohama and they BLOW in snow, i need to find a good all season tire since changing wheels twice a year sucks

nittos suck.
khum hoes suck, unless you are getting their autoX competion tire

i personally like the Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Pole Positions.. but i dont have money for 'em yet.. haha so im stuck with my Road Huggers for a bit :lol:

S-03s are a good choice, if you have the money. A good friend of mine has them mounted on Volks and they are the best tire I've ever had the chance to drive. The Toyo T1S is really nice, too, I may get a set after these garbage FZ4s wear down a little more.

for all season daily driving i like the yokohama avs es 100's, pretty good prices at TireRack.com.com, and good reviews, i give them a :thumbsup:

Originally posted by tdehnel@Mar 20 2003, 01:44 PM
The Toyo T1S is really nice, too, I may get a set after these garbage FZ4s wear down a little more.

Hahahha, another sucker who bought FZ4's. I'm sorry. They shouldn't take long to wear out. Mine took 5 months.

Back