What Should I Get

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As advertised Jason at ALLJDM.com has Skunk2 cam gears for 85 shipped each.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Mar 10 2003, 07:50 PM
y0. I would suggest saving a bit so you have more then you need for the parts you want. I am saving everything for the next 3 months and whatever I get goes into my suspension after the end of the 3 months. Figure out all the bolt ons you want or need before the supercharger and kind of just buy them one at a time or whatnot.

yea i wish i could. but im in debt for ~6k and all of it is going to that, so the the 300 is all i got to work wit, so i figured id get somthing worth while. thanks everyone. i think ive made my deciision on cam gears.

why do people think NOS is so sweet. it fucking beats the shit out of your motor if thrown in a stock setup. Thats the last thing he wants if he is going FI

heres what u should do with $300..hehe. go to your local pharmacy or grocery store, spend say $10 on some rubbers and cruise on down and find a hooker and have fun for a few hours :D

**NOTE** MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR RUBBER ON BEFORE YOU HAVE FUN ;)

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 11 2003, 12:43 AM
heres what u should do with $300..hehe. go to your local pharmacy or grocery store, spend say $10 on some rubbers and cruise on down and find a hooker and have fun for a few hours :D

**NOTE** MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR RUBBER ON BEFORE YOU HAVE FUN ;)

haha, i wouldn't know... but don't they usally provide the rubbers?

Cam gears aren't gonna make a difference unless you get some cams to go with them. The itr header isn't a big difference either. Your best bet for your budget is (Unorthodox crank pulley,Fuel regulator) but to each his own!

A crank pulley will make a hell of alot more difference then just cam gears! Since it's a 1.8 in a crx, he bypasses the ps and ac so that will make power and faster acceleration. You can advance your timing and make more power than just cam gears.

(gsrcrxsi pm me)

Originally posted by Darivative@Mar 11 2003, 11:08 AM
You can advance your timing and make more power than just cam gears.

I assume you're talking about moving the timing belt ahead a tooth to advance the timing? If so, I wouldn't recommend going this route. It's better to get some adjustable cam gears. That way, you've got an almost infinite number of settings for the intake and exhaust cams available to you. Plus, most aftermarket cam gears are lighter, so you're taking some weight off of your drivetrain that way.

Also, aftermarket crank pulleys don't have the harmonic balancer that stock Honda crank pulleys do. If you really want to get rid of your p/s and a/c, remove the belts, and remove the systems from your car.

You use the balancer from the oem pulley. You don't move the timing belt cause that's just asking for problems. You can advance your timing from your distributor. I'm just putting my input on this question and don't want to be criticized!

Thank you

I'm not necessarily criticizing you, but I'm trying to help GSRCRXsi out as much as possible.

Advancing your timing via the distributor is NOT the same as playing with your cam timing. If, say your ignition timing is timed off of your exhaust cam, and you retard your exhaust cam by two degrees, you've then got to adjust your crank timing back to your stock timing (17 degrees advanced or whatever it is). Just messing around with your crank timing isn't going to do much in the way of tuning. In fact, it's going to hurt performance, since you're not firing each cylinder when the piston is at TDC. You need adjustable cam gears if you want to effectively set your timing for optimal performance.

You are correct but just bolting cam gears and advancing your timing with stock cams without tuning won't make a difference. I'm telling you for 300 this is the bang for the buck that on got from a dyno run...

Back