What size wheels should i use?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 1995 civic ex with full interior. Running on stock 14in blackies wrapped in azenis rubber(195-55). I know there a little bit 2 small. What size should i go for 2 get out of the hole quicker.

RT .929
60ft 2.316
330ft 6.179
1/8 9.330
MPH 77.99
1/4 14.298
MPH 99.24

Mods. B18c1, port n polish head stock ecu, CTR cams, ITR pistons, ACT clutc, AEM cai, 2 1/2 in Exhaust pipe,

want quicker time? buy some light 13's or 14's.

When you go bigger, you increase your rotaional Inertia.

Rotational Inertia (I) is in a way like mass. It is location of mass realitive to the axis of rotation. For a uniform disc (wheel) your I = .5mr^2. When you increase your radius, your I increase. When you increase the mass, it increases.

I is much like mass. The more mass an object has, the harder it is to pick up (apply more force) With "I", when a system has a higher rotaional interia, you must apply more trq to get it spinning.

also, your tires are holding you back. Azenies are GREAT tires for autocross, however, the sidewalls are WAY to stiff for drag racing.

i agree, i would recommend getting some rotas, sure they are a little played out, but they are light. i would also recommend investing in some BFG-Drag Radials or Toyo RA-1s. they are both EXTREMELY sticky, and if you autocrass as well, the RA-1s are the best DOT compliant tire you can get. however they are R-compound so they are pricey and i wouldnt recommend driving them everywhere, just to the track.

bogart 13x8
M&H 22x8x13

i bet you hit 1.9 60 foot's all day and rake in a mid 13 :)

I bet he hits a low 13 high 12.

you should switch your cams to the crower 404s or the CTRs or the skunk2 stage 2s.... I am not a huge fan of the ITR cams anymore and you have a pretty high c/r. You would notice a large jump in power.

Thanks a million guys. Very helpfull info. Do you know if there's any aftermarket company that sells 14'in lightweight rims. Not ready for some slicks yet

no slicks?

bfg drag radials are your new best friend

Im short in cash flow. Cant afford to buy some new rims and some slicks then buy some extended wheel studs. In the future though. I'll write next month with the new results.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Apr 9 2004, 12:23 AM

you should switch your cams to the crower 404s or the CTRs or the skunk2 stage 2s.... I am not a huge fan of the ITR cams anymore and you have a pretty high c/r.

he is using CTR cams.

I like the toda VTEC killer cams, the other day I had a gsr head with ITB's, RS machine cam gears, P&P, toda VTEC killer cams in my possession...and then I had to give it back to my friend, but the lobes on the VTEC killer cams are huge.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+Apr 12 2004, 02:39 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Apr 9 2004, 12:23 AM

you should switch your cams to the crower 404s or the CTRs or the skunk2 stage 2s.... I am not a huge fan of the ITR cams anymore and you have a pretty high c/r.

he is using CTR cams.

I like the toda VTEC killer cams, the other day I had a gsr head with ITB's, RS machine cam gears, P&P, toda VTEC killer cams in my possession...and then I had to give it back to my friend, but the lobes on the VTEC killer cams are huge.

:bash:

VTEC killer cams are the worst cam on the planet unless you are running track only and 14:1 compression

they eliminate the lobes for the small cam, so you are always in the big cam.

worst idea ever, for street atleast.

well maimwheels sells some nice wheels you can get them in anysize and they are light as all hell i would know i work in a wheel shop and install wheels all day

Originally posted by B18Civic95@Apr 18 2004, 11:06 PM
and about $1300(toda vtec-killer). Thinking about some skunk2 stage2. What do you guys think?

Skunk2 stage 2s are a very strong streetable cam. if i was to build a honda i would either use Skunk2 Stage2s or TodaB's or JUN 3s

Back