what wastegate should i use on a turbo b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orangemanja

99exturbob16aswap
I have a 99 civic ex automatic changed to 5speed with a b16 swap that is turbocharged.
it had a deltagate mark 2 wastegate with a 5 lb spring that worked very well
sounded very quiet and had no problems with it intell it started sticking.

I bought a 38mm tial style (knockoff) wastegate off of ebay but there was something wrong with it to or its just junk i put it on the car drove down the street and back and checked out the wastegate it was extremely hot and gave a trashcan type sound from the exhuast . with the deltagate it was ran quiet so there was obviously something wrong with this tial knockoff. Has anyone had this problem?

I am now looking into buying a new wastegate such as a tial wastegate.
But i do not know what the differences in the sizes are such as 38mm 40mm 44mm etc can someone fill me in on this?

i understand that the deltagate can handle up to 400hp so i will need the new gate to handle this as well or better.

can someone recomend a wastegate for me to get? and the size.
or do you think i should just send my deltagate off to turbonetics to be rebuilt?
and does anyone know where i can get the number because i cant seem to find it on the net

b16a2 with a garret turbo 14psi max(off of a grand national) set at 5lbs boost, speerco intercooler,aem pulleys,integra gsr chipped computer,racing fuel pump,irridium spark plugs, aftermarket spark plug wires,magnaflow hi flo cat,dc sports twin canister titanium exhaust,turbo xs rfl blow off valve, aftermarket cams, ect estimated hp is around 300- 400hp but i havent had it on a dyno yet

obviously you dont know any of the answers to my questions so keep the smart ass comments to yourself

Maybe I do have answers for you...post in the right place and perhaps I'll share them...

Seriously, is that too much to ask? All these forums are clearly labeled.

You're to the point where you're working on a turbo setup and yet you still don't realize your car falls under the "EK" category?

Back