What the hell do i get my girl for her bifday?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Jeef@Mar 25 2004, 07:48 PM
We need the one or two girls on here to reply to this.

The few girls on this site aren't your typical girlie girl (not saying that she is, but she's clearly not into cars). Things that I'd like to get for presents:

Cool JDM shit for my cars
Good music CD's, not top 40 (which takes no thought) but really good music.
A nice piece of antique jewelry, nothing new from a mall store, not 14K but either 18K gold or in platinum.
Nice designer clothing, something that would make me look sexy. Victoria's Secret is a cop-out. We girls know that shopping there is a last act of desperation.

Otherwise stuff I buy for my guys are concert tickets, dvd's of obscure good movies, stuff for their car, rc cars, good tools... whatever their hobbies are. I am always build a good friendship with my bfs, so I know what they like to do. :)

i gave my girl a teddy bear from build a bear for christmas; she still sleeps with it every night.. i'm kinda jealous of it :(

Run out to your nearest Office Supply Store and pick up a legal form that states she will not press charges for all the times you were fucking her while she was underage.....

Restraining orders are just another way of saying "I Love You" :p

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:\

loco, i'm surprised that one of those answers was actually sincere and 94RedSiGal, thanks a ton, i think that you're def. right about the clothing, my girl is REALLY into clothes and i think she would love that :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 26 2004, 04:23 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:\

loco, i'm surprised that one of those answers was actually sincere

Depending on the girl, the gold rose is a sure panty dropper. Worked for two years on one of my ex's...

my girlfriend is sooo damn sappy, and she's already a panty dropper, i can't imagine the possiblities with the gold rose- shit what am i doing, i'm planning on spending at least 300 dollars of potential turbo money on this girl

ok... getting lingerie would be like getting her a vacuum for her bday, avoid that at all costs, or if you HAVE to get lingerie make sure you get other stuff as well...

anyhting with candles and flower pedals are a sure thing... fuck rose pedals, get tulips and just chope the pedals off...

i put one flower and one candle on every other step up to my apt and then had pedals all over the bed... MINT...

other things to save your turbo money
find a poem online and tell her you wrote that shit...
make sure you GET HER A CARD... for some reason all the expensive shit doesn't count unless there's a god damn hallmark to go with it...

the create a bear is a good idea, basically anything that makes her think you thought about it for a while...

you could also go with a can of whipped cream, or the more expensive whipped cream made just for sensual pleasures...

try thinking of romantic bullshit, i would advise a dinner at olive garden or some other quietish type place, give her a couple drinks(if you're over 21) and then take her to a romantic look out, or take her somewhere dark so you can see the stars, she will just eat that shit up...

let us know what you decide to go with...
also look into some shitty jewerly that you can get her name engraved on... i went with one of those medical type id bracelets, silver, had her name engraved, and mine engraved on the inside
worked like a charm...

good luck

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Mar 26 2004, 01:33 PM-->
@Mar 25 2004, 07:48 PM
We need the one or two girls on here to reply to this.

The few girls on this site aren't your typical girlie girl (not saying that she is, but she's clearly not into cars). Things that I'd like to get for presents:

Cool JDM shit for my cars
Good music CD's, not top 40 (which takes no thought) but really good music.
A nice piece of antique jewelry, nothing new from a mall store, not 14K but either 18K gold or in platinum.
Nice designer clothing, something that would make me look sexy. Victoria's Secret is a cop-out. We girls know that shopping there is a last act of desperation.

:thumbsup:

Victoria's Secret is def. a no-no. All girls know it's a last resort sort of thing. :)

Good music is good... gift cards are good (you can never go wrong with those, just make sure she likes the store, you can't go wrong with Express, almost every girl I've met likes that store)...clothes are always good, as long as you know her size and what she likes. Handbags (Coach) are good too, but I know that's tough for guys to do :p

Hmm... jewelry is alright as well, but don't go for the classic (and played out) heart necklace or anything like that. Put some thought into it! :)

Does she like cars? Car parts are always good. Try to be practical and thoughtful. :) Hope that helped a little. :p

*edit
Also, girls (most of us, anyway) LOVE flowers. Avoid roses or anything predictable.

another piece of advise prompted by the "chicks LOVE flowers" post...

you have to consider the "waste of money" factor...
the bigger the waste of moeny the more they will like it

like $35 for a dozen roses, good for what, a week tops...
and they just eat it up...
other "wastes of money" include, dinners, chocolates, etc, basically anything consumable or anything that costs a lot and won't last...

or you could just get her a vibrator, so something can do the job besides B, and it JUST MIGHT keep her from cheating on you too...
bahahhaha
:lol:

EDIT: you could always go to VS and try to convince them to try things on for you, just so you can get an idea of what it will look like... MINT

look for jewerly that incorperates her favorite animal or color, like a blue butterfly for example...
and gift cards are CRAP, about as bad as VS...

yeah see, i was thinking I would build her a bear and put one of those promise rings on it- My entire life, and particularly during my relationship with her, i've thought that promise rings were aboslutely retarded, but one of her friend got one and she was all excited about it and shit- And there is no reason why i wouldn't feel comfortable getting her one, because i really do plan to marry her- and rather than olive garden, i think i'm going to make her dinner myself- Yes i can cook, it's not going to consist of mac and cheese and a hot dog- I've been considering
1)grilled portobello mushrooms with roasted red peppers and goat cheese as an appetizer
2)Filet Mignon with a shittake mushroom and red wine sauce, twice baked potatoes and garlic & herb string beans for dinner
3)for dessert either bananas foster or baked apples with a cinnamon sugar glaze

how does that sound to everyone? and thanks again for all the suggestions, this is going to be a hit to the wallet, but it's def. not that bad, considering christmas last year cost me about 500 bills- god dammit i spend too much money on this girl ;)

Making her dinner sounds great. Don't forget the candles and some flowers. :) I guess a bear and a promise ring sound good for her... it's just not my thing. lol. Who invented these silly promise rings anyway? <_<

A promise ring is just that, a promise to stay faithful. I bought an ex a 18k Poese ring with latin engraving. She still has it. It cost me about $450, but she loved it. It said "You and no other." in latin. BTW, I didn't break the promise, she did.

That Gold Rose is kick ass LOCO. You smoov lika silk. I'll put that idea in the bank. I'm usually three steps ahead. :p

hahah, yeah i don't know who decided that you had to give a pre-engagement engagement ring, but whatever, it seems like it would make her really happy, as much as i would like to just buy her a set of koni yellows for her car

girls love shoes, handbags, and clothes(make sure u get the right size or theyll flip saying u think their fat and stuff)
i learned that the hard way.

Oh yeah- breakfast in bed. My Peruvian Princess LOVED that for her birthday. Big big score.

Back