What To Do To My Delsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sell the body stuff, install the old stuff, sell the car, that makes 5000 get an 89 crx hf, put a b16 in it, get a jrsc, zex inline, 440cc injectors, jr boost upgrade, progress coilovers, st sway, rotas and falken cheapo-solo2s, fab an exhaust and a cai, new clutch and youre runnin shit..13s, a butter torque curve and turns baby. Plus youll be driving an anti-rice mobile that looks good and doesnt leak on ya in the rain.
or do what you want with the sol, you can get away with it being a girl.
just my .02
peace

only the 93 sols leaked and if the owner followed the recal, they dont leak anymore. I have had my car for about 9 months now and the top has yet to leak on me. Sometimes sols are known to leak if you take them to the powerwash place or at drive through car washes. If you do it yourself, it wont leak.

If you look at the owner's manual, you'll see that it specifically tells you not to take the sol through a power wash or to use a high pressure wash thingy (technical term) on it at all.

Although I'm not sure it was in the owner's manual, but i distinctly remember seeing it somewhere.

Originally posted by 93solman@Feb 19 2003, 06:41 PM
If you look at the owner's manual, you'll see that it specifically tells you not to take the sol through a power wash or to use a high pressure wash thingy (technical term) on it at all.

Although I'm not sure it was in the owner's manual, but i distinctly remember seeing it somewhere.

people are dumb evidence would be this

weird117.jpg

just cause it says it in its owner's manual, doesnt mean that people are going to follow it. I am sure, somewhere in this guys sort life, someone told him not to race a bullet train, this guy did not listen.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 19 2003, 06:31 PM
only the 93 sols leaked and if the owner followed the recal, they dont leak anymore. I have had my car for about 9 months now and the top has yet to leak on me. Sometimes sols are known to leak if you take them to the powerwash place or at drive through car washes. If you do it yourself, it wont leak.

not true, I had a 95 sol and the drivers side would drip right onto the window controls.

Did you keep the seals lubricated with dielectric grease? Doing that will help plus it shuts up must of the rattles. Also they did have a bulitin about that for the later sols but never recalled it like they did for the 92 and 93's. Mine (95) has only leaked once and it was minor, just one or two little water beads went down the inside of my window, my fault though because it was a day that it was kinda cold (mid teens probally) and my car was filled with salt and it was need a wash so i took it over to the manual car wash pressure thingy. My car need to get washed and i have only not hand washed it once.

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I recently bought a 94 Del Sol and it leaks on both driver and passenger side. I thought I needed new weatherstripping, but from the sounds of it, it's something that should have been recalled but wasn't... Any suggestions on what to do?

The had a Service Bulletin about it

93004 NOV 94 Body - Water Leak Repair

In 1993 the had a recal for them but only on the 93s. One thing that I would try is go to the store and buy a can of silicone spray and also a tube of DiElectric grease (silicone gel). Put the spray on the seal that touches the windows. Put the gel just about every where else. This should be done ever few m onths. If that does not help at all, your probally going to have to call up honda and have them replace the weather striping

Back