What To Do With My B17a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gmgsr

I have a 92 Integra Gsr that has seen better days. Engine is stock and runs strong. Not sure I want to dump the money into fixing the body. (front end damage) Am wondering what I can put this motor into besides another Integra? How much work would it be to put my engine in a 92 or 93 Ls Integra? What would I need to keep from my gsr? Also, what Hondas can I easily put my engine in? any help would be appreciated.

The engine would go nicely into a 93-95 del sol, or a 92-95 civic. It should be OBD-I since its from a '92. You will need the engine/transmission/motormounts/ECU/throttle cable/axles and probably a few other parts I cant think of at the moment. Its best to keep the donor car around until you are done with the swap.

if you are thinking of junking the car, i say try to sell it. The b17 is a very rare motor, and thus, worth a pretty penny. you could easily sell it, and buy a b18c gsr swap with the money you get for it.

if you dont want to deal with the hassel, you can put it in any car pretty much from 92-95, teg or civic.

you could part the car out, but that takes time and lots of patience...your call. the suspension should also fit on civics as well.

well if your thinking of putting it in a 92 -95 civic your gonna need a hydro tranny instead of the tranny you have right now and if you do that then let me know i might be interested in buying the stock cable tranny from you.......i say put it in a 88-91 hatch i have one in a 91 hatch and i like it very strong motor........havent lost yet then again is mine stock???????

Back