What will fit into my 2002 Civic LX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cosmo

I was wondering, what will fit into my 2002 Honda Civic LX 2 door? I have seen some B16A's in there, but I was wondering about the K20A series, if they would fit, and would it be worth it (not price of initial motor, just the swap itself) or would the B18C series be the way to go? Any help is appreciated.

b-series are still the easiest swap...

k-series motors are quite expensive and as of right now there aren't any mounts made specifically for this swap...meaning you would have to fabricate your own.

overall, it would be expensive, much more expensive compared to even a jdm itr swap.

wooooooh no...

b-series are NOT the easiest for a 2002!!!!
Chet, read the title man!!!

K-series are wicked expensive though,

Brian- B series into a 7G is still pretty easy- just not legal in most places.

:D

brian, obd issues can be solved with a wiring conversion harness.

and the engines in dohc-vtec 2001+ civics are still mounted in the traditional way.

therefore, to bolt in a b-series motor, you need mounts, shift linkage and a wiring conversion harness.

the question is why would you want to take a nice daily driver and put a motor swap in it. its my feeling that newer civics are just not made as well compared to the 5th and 6th gens. proof is in the new mcpherson struts and various other adjustments honda has made to their newest cars.

In Canada, so most anything is legal :D. I was wondering about the K20A2 mostly, and thanks for the help so far.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 10 2002, 12:18 AM
wooooooh no...

b-series are NOT the easiest for a 2002!!!!
Chet, read the title man!!!

K-series are wicked expensive though,

I'm a moron

:bash:

i was told by a engine company that a k20 will only fit in the 2002 lx because my friend has one and whats to do a motor swap

Nope. The K20 has been dropped into a 6th gen Civic (96-00), and B series engines have been put into 7th gen Civics also. If something will fit in the 2002 LX, it will also fit in any other 2001+ Civic coupe or sedan.

i have a 2002 lx what would be a simple engine swap since this will be the first time ive done a engine swap to my own car

'Easy' is certainly relative to your mechanical ability and tools available / downtime you can have with the car.

If its your daily driver for work, a 4 day swap probably isn't a good idea unless you have a backup.

In today's market, i would probably advocate not doing a swap in that generation. It's worth more/the same as-is. Sell it and get a better base platform to start with.

what he said... that gen is basically a lifeless commuter from honda deciding to put the big boy motor back into a hatch where it belongs. my buddy buys them and replaces the blown motors/trans and sells them for $$ . the d17 is like 300 bucks at a junkyard lol

only the 01 got the nice interior. 02 and up got shafted.

i have a 2002 lx what would be a simple engine swap since this will be the first time ive done a engine swap to my own car
Don't waste your time swapping a 02 D17 car its literally not worth it in any way you look at it

3 OG comments in and none of you have yet realized that this question is from 2002, LOL.

To be fair though, I was in the middle of a response myself before I caught it.

Back