What Would You Do With $3k?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TN_Accord

Hey guys. I recently got an awesome deal on a really clean '94 Accord EX 5spd. It will be a project car for me. I don't drag race....I don't like bling....I don't car if the high school sect thinks its cool. I don't care if it has a stereo. I am not a boy racer.

That said, what's the most fun I can have with this thing if I pony up an additional $3K. I can do any work that doesn't require a machine shop myself.

Thanks guys!

How many miles are on the car? If the engine is in good shape and you don't want to swap in an H22A engine for while then you could add a Greddy catback exhaust, AEM cold air intake, Greddy or DCSports Header, possibly a high flow cat.
Those are the 3 mods I did to my 90 accord and gained some HP in doing the 3. I haven't done the latest dyno test since the last mod yet but I have some results up on my site if you want to look at them.

Go to:
http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/accord.html
then click on technotes and modifications and you can look through the various mods and how to install them.
Also to see the dyno results just click on the link below the tecnotes on the same page.

Bruce

Originally posted by bmoody33@Jan 28 2003, 05:02 PM
How many miles are on the car?  If the engine is in good shape and you don't want to swap in an H22A engine for while then you could add a Greddy catback exhaust, AEM cold air intake, Greddy or DCSports Header, possibly a high flow cat.
Those are the 3 mods I did to my 90 accord and gained some HP in doing the 3.  I haven't done the latest dyno test since the last mod yet but I have some results up on my site if you want to look at them.

Go to:
http://www.hondapitstop.com/accord/accord.html
then click on technotes and modifications and you can look through the various mods and how to install them.
Also to see the dyno results just click on the link below the tecnotes on the same page.

Bruce

Two things concern me about the Intake/Header/Exhaust upgrade:

1. Loss of low-end torque, something which most Hondas can't really afford to spare

2. Bling factor

I'm crossing over from the VW aftermarket and I've noticed that there are mountains of stuff available for the Honda, but 90% of it is cheap crap.

That said, if there is a I/H/E combo that works well, doesn't kill the low-end, and isn't bling then I'm there!

BTW...I don't want it to sound like a fart can. I though about putting my old factory Lestritz SS exhaust from my ex VW Corrado on there. It has a beefy black oval tip. At least it would be unique. :p

The car has about 180K, but has had excellent PM and runs/drives perfect. The previous owner was a good friend. The only "mods" that it current has are powerslot rotors/mintex pads all around and an LX muffler (some dork at the muffler shop to thank for that, but it makes a nice high compression poot at idle) :D

The H22A swap seems to be the most popular thing going from look around the board. I helped a friend swap a b18b into a Civic and it was a piece of cake. This would be an option if an H22a will go into the Accord as easily. I like the no-nonsense reliability/predictability of NA. I've never had my hands on an H22a, though. Any unbiased opinions from folks who have done a similar swap?

anyone whos a member of this site and is posting on the accord prelude swap page should not even be alowwed to be a member if they believe someone should sell an accord for a fucking volksjunken corrado. or otherwise should just forget that they ever thought that they knew what they were talking about. my buddy has a 93 volkswagen corrado slc vr6 and it is the biggest piece of shit that ever existed, its constantly broken down. granted it does go fairly well when it does run but it ought to for a small car with a 6 cylinder. and by the way what kind of performance minded six cylinder motor only runs 172 stock horsepower anyway? if u ask me volkswagen is unreliable assbackward engineered shit. :ufucktard:

We know that. That's why we drive Preludes and H22-powered Accords around here. :D Cuz they make Cockrado's (errr I mean Corrado's) look like Geo Metro's.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 2 2003, 06:47 PM
i would get a new intake and go off-road.

Rally style or are you just being a wiseass? :p

AWD is the only way to go for rally or rallycross and no amount of money is going to make the Accord a viable candidate.

Sure, the Accord can do wonders on the rally circuit....you just have to make sure you run everyone else off the course with that heavy-ass bitch you've got, then you can coast to the finish line. :D

Back