Whats The Best Motor Set Up For A Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capinkillmore

I got a del sol with the crappy single cam 1.5 I want to go mostly for show but I'd like to have more behind it than just double diget hp. what whould be the most powerful engine that i could put in the bay and still get show props. Thanks

Originally posted by Capinkillmore@Feb 26 2003, 12:54 AM
I got a del sol with the crappy single cam 1.5 I want to go mostly for show but I'd like to have more behind it than just double diget hp. what whould be the most powerful engine that i could put in the bay and still get show props. Thanks

Uh... anything?

How much do you have to spend?

Ok, then how much power do you want? You can get pretty ridiculous with these engine setups. What you asked what the literary equivalent of asking a room full of English majors "What book is the best in the whole wide world? You can only decide on one. ALL of you must decide on one." You need to be a little more specific with what you're trying to accomplish.

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 26 2003, 02:15 AM
Common swaps are b18c and the h22.

since when is a h22 swap in a 5th gen hatch "common"? :blink:

I want something that will be fast as hell but still be able to look good under the small hood for the judges so what Im askin is whats the best out there that fits with out major mount modes or havin to rip out my AC.... I don't want to be the crazy guy with an H22 in the trunk. while i want fast I don't want major Problems or eye sores under the hood. I know the Type R's look good but I Want to know if i could do even better then the Type R. in the small car.

Originally posted by Capinkillmore@Feb 26 2003, 01:27 AM
I know the Type R's look good but I Want to know if i could do even better then the Type R. in the small car.

If you want to do "better" than the Type-R, run an ITR head on a B20 block, or swap in an H22. My guess is that either one of those would impress the judges more, if you're looking to wow them under the hood. You can get an H22 in there and still keep your AC and PS, you just have to get the right brackets made.

Of course the damn judges need to know what the hell they're lookin at. That's unlikely. LOL You could always put a "Powered By CRV" sticker on the car. LOL :ghey

I think the best swap for del slo is B16B CTR engine. pissedoffsol was tellin me he just ran into a fitment problem with the hood clearance on B18C so I presume the B20 would have the same issue.

the fitment problem was an optical illusion ... tested it tonight... it closed fine.... it doesnt look like it sould close but it does.... so negate the previous statments about fitment issues :)
i guess thats what i get for panicing <_<

LOL good deal man. Yea we did a GSR into a Del Sol recently and had no problems at all. I was really confused by that.

i have a delsol with a gsr swap with all skunk2 valvetrain and thats way better then a type-r so your better off gettin a gsr and buiding it up your self.

If your going ALL show ( sorry hold on one second.... :puke: .... :puke: ok thats better ) i would NOT go just do a swap then chrome everything out. It looks ghey and everyone does it (but with a d13b they bought from Europe) I would try to find in Europe a Retracting Hard top thing they have. They were pretty rare but just looking at pictures of them will keep you entertained. Try and run a total all jdm car, you will get alot more attention this way plus you can still keep your car looking clean. Get an integra type R swap, keep everything clean. Get some good JDM wheels like mugens or spoons (only if you have a white sol). For hood, get a good CF hood and paint the top side and leave the bottom black. If possible, convert the thing to RHD. Run some top nouch brakes, find the European leather seats or get a good pair of racing seats, (mugen, momo, speraco (sp) ect. Get the One peice JDM headlight and do a HID conversion. Find a place that would be willing to do CF work for you, get other CF body panels like doors, rear quater panels, everything and then get it all painted. Judges would be extremly empressed with doors that weigh like 2 lbs. (i saw a real M3 gt3 car with these, they kicked ass)

There is so much to do but it all takes money. Just what ever you do, keep your car clean, no alteezas, neons, bodykits ect.

Back