Whats the best value swap for a 92 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tip

I need to know what would be the best swap for an 92 civic dx. I had bought an b18c1 that was listed on ebay and the guy took my money and did not send any swap......now in the hands of the police. So i need to know the best swap for the money. I do NOT plan on pro racing but would like as much power for my money as i can get..... can any one lead me in the right direction...?

what do you plan to use the car for
drag racing
autocross
daily driving with a little more passing power

how much do you have to spend
what do you planning to do in the future (NA, FI, simple bolt ons, stock)

there are a LOT of variables that need to be considered before anyone can tell you what would be the best choise

any of those engines would be a good choise though

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 6 2005, 10:22 PM
what do you plan to use the car for
drag racing
autocross
daily driving with a little more passing power

how much do you have to spend
what do you planning to do in the future (NA, FI, simple bolt ons, stock)

there are a LOT of variables that need to be considered before anyone can tell you what would be the best choise

any of those engines would be a good choise though
[post=521878]Quoted post[/post]​

I plan on it being a daily driver with a lot of bolt ons and more then likely a turbo but not right now. Looking for a lot of passing power and maybe a little street racing.

find a wrecked 94-95 integra LS if you want a cheap dohc engine, I did it for $950 and i am completely happy w/ it. otherwise check out the some sohc, having a parts car around never hurts. You can get a brake and engine upgrade all in one from a teg or civic SI the sohc do not have such potential but they still are able to kick ass in the right hands.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Jul 7 2005, 07:28 PM
find a wrecked 94-95 integra LS if you want a cheap dohc engine, I did it for $950 and i am completely happy w/ it. otherwise check out the some sohc, having a parts car around never hurts. You can get a brake and engine upgrade all in one from a teg or civic SI
[post=522321]Quoted post[/post]​

excelent advice :thumbsup:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jul 7 2005, 03:31 PM-->
jimboburgess
@Jul 7 2005, 07:28 PM
find a wrecked 94-95 integra LS if you want a cheap dohc engine, I did it for $950 and i am completely happy w/ it.  otherwise check out the some sohc, having a parts car around never hurts. You can get a brake and engine upgrade all in one from a teg or civic SI

excelent advice :thumbsup:
[post=522322]Quoted post[/post]​

very good yo!

its cheap and reliable. :) always a good thing.

if your looking for more hp though, i'd say a b18c1 would be good, good rpm through the whole band and its an easy swap. it is a bit more $$$, but worth it for the extra hp and tq. and fairly easy to get bolt on for parts. the only issue i'd have with it, is it would take more work to get a turbo going on it, since it has a higher c.r.

good luck bud !

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Jul 7 2005, 06:28 PM
find a wrecked 94-95 integra LS if you want a cheap dohc engine, I did it for $950 and i am completely happy w/ it.  otherwise check out the some sohc, having a parts car around never hurts. You can get a brake and engine upgrade all in one from a teg or civic SI the sohc do not have such potential but they still are able to kick ass in the right hands.

YES< do this if posible! I bought a 95 teg out of a junk yard 3 months ago for 1k dollars rather than giving 800 for just the trans, i also wanted the rear disc brakes and front bigger brakes, from the same people, it was 400 to get it shipped, bc it was about 300 miles away! BUT when it got here, it had Tokiko shocks, Neuspeed race springs, and cross drilled/slotted rotors on it too!!{also used the factory sway bars up front and rear off of the teg} Not saying that you will have the same luck as me, but if you have a local junk yard that doesn't pay attention to what else is on the car, you might get lucky! But even if you don't get extra aftermarket parts, you can still get the rear disc, and your motor swap, for usually cheaper than just buying a swap by itself. Good luck

1k is a good deal, I am getting mine for 2k... but I am getting gfront and rear upgrades, and everything needed for the swap from it, so to me it's worth it. Plus it's Canadian money, so that's actually only about 500 more if it were american.

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 6 2005, 02:46 AM
1k is a good deal, I am getting mine for 2k... but I am getting gfront and rear upgrades, and everything needed for the swap from it, so to me it's worth it. Plus it's Canadian money, so that's actually only about 500 more if it were american.
[post=536495]Quoted post[/post]​

What kind of motor are you getting with the swap for 2K?

The best swap for your money is the cheapest one.... I mean, shop around, look into wrecking yards, tow truck yards, try to get something that's been rear ended for cheap.... get it, basically whatever it is unless you have preference, and use the money you saved by shopping around to mod the engine past the stock specs onf any of them:p

Originally posted by becoming+Aug 6 2005, 03:42 PM-->
5thGenLuvin
@Aug 6 2005, 02:46 AM
[post=536495]Quoted post[/post]​

What kind of motor are you getting with the swap for 2K?
[post=536665]Quoted post[/post]​

for 2k, I am getting a 94 Integra LS. So basically, motor, tranny, ecu, all my wiring, and hosework, everything to do my auto to manual conversion, as well as a rear disc conversion, and front disc upgrades. It's not a bad deal, especially considering japanese imports are a little harder to come by in my area. I work in the only wrecking yard in my city, and we have 1 2nd gen teggy and 2 third gens... so yeah, they're not common around here..... plus Hondas never break down, damn them:p

And that also includes a B18C1 head, intake, and exhaust manifold that I pulled of a bottom-end-piledup C1 I found in the corepile:p

Best swap for the money is a JDM D15B for around $700 then boost it, you'll be sitting right in the $2000 to $2500 range with a 200+whp 180+wtq low 14 to high 13 second 1/4 mile car

Back