What's The Cheapest Way To Get 300whp?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnBoostH22A

...while still having everyday reliability? All motor, SC or turbo on what motors with what mods...

The only way you will see that is on a fully built turbo motor. MAYBE get it from a vortec SC, but i dont see a jrsc making that.

You can make it on any b-series and and h-series. Maybe more.

Look at around 8-10k all said and done. But it really depends on what price you pay for parts.

you deffinitly need resleeved block (around 1000-1300 bucks), aftermarket rods, pistons, etc.

Jeffie7 here is making around 250hp 174tq to the wheels in a pretty extensively modded b16/turbo setup.

Unless you have a lot of downtime to slowly build, or deep pockets. Shouldn't shoot for 300whp..

fyi, tq moves a car, not hp and jeff's 174 will break the tires loose at will (or so i'm told :))

i say get yourself a b18c. get a nice turbo, get your internals done, and at the end throw on a 50-75 shot. that might put you near 300whp. but its not gonna be cheap. 300 hp and cheap cant be used in the same sentence.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 28 2003, 08:42 PM
i say get yourself a b18c. get a nice turbo, get your internals done, and at the end throw on a 50-75 shot. that might put you near 300whp. but its not gonna be cheap. 300 hp and cheap cant be used in the same sentence.

It can, just not the words, honda, 300hp and cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back