What's this? An electric vehicle that doesn't suck?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IMO i'd rather stick with my bike. You'll most likley pay the same for gas for the bike and electricity for the car.

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 24 2005, 01:24 PM-->
@Aug 24 2005, 01:00 PM
But according to CNN.com, the polar ice caps have only a few more years left, and the permafrost will unlock twice the amount of greenhouse gases and we're all doomed within our kids lives anyway.  So drink up.
[post=544596]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm certainly interested to learn more about that.

Can you link it? I searched it, but only found "visions" of it, where cnn.com lets people write in whatever they want. Like the percentage of christians reducing to single digits, leading to global destabilization.. and worldwide destruction..

And someone learns how to "desalinate" water and saves africa.. Umm.. we can desalinate water now. And africa doesn't need to be saved.. You should go read a few "visions".. people are quite hillarious in their beliefs.

"20 years from now the USA will disolve and give way to a global community"
[post=544609]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah.. haha.. Visions people. Totally right. I never really thought about CNN being overrun and feeling free to publish the work of those people mixed in with their real news.

I have called "Visions" "Junk Science". Chicken littling it until they get heard and given some sort of grant that they can blow on a home outside of Denver. That place is loaded with them.

Check out www.dnai.com/~zap when you get a chance. Sylvester Christie is fuckin FREAK.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 24 2005, 03:56 PM-->
@Aug 24 2005, 01:08 PM
Give me a car that is pushing 250 hp, gets 50+ MPG, and weighs 2500lbs or less.  and doesn't cost a fortune.  I would be giggly happy with it.  It doesn't have to look like a super car.  Hell, if it looked anything like a civic I'd be perfectly happy with it.
[post=544563]Quoted post[/post]​

how bout:
152hp
150mph top speed
3.9 sec 0 - 60
1.98 lateral Gs
and a dry weight of 900lbs???

gets about 45mpg
costs about $45k

http://www.autobahn-motors.com/trex.htm

http://www.go-t-rex.com/
[post=544721]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, I've been trying to get a T-Rex here forever. The problem is that they are like buying a house. They build one and it kind of goes up on an auction. They sticker it out at $45k, but then you have to grease so many palms to actually get yours that it pushes way above $50k real fast.

Like buying a fucking house.

Saw a T-Rex on the road here a month or two ago... SOme big fat black dude with a cigar hanging off his lip driving/riding it.

It was fucking hot looking.

Didn't some rapper invent those??

They are nice.. except for the suitcases.. what the hell? They are ugly, they don't flow with the design at all, and they dont even paint them to match.. Seems really strange to me.

Nice ride though, I'd pimp it.

Come to think of it tho, Chicks may think your tango is cute, but too bad there isnt any room to bang. :lol:

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 25 2005, 01:16 PM

They are nice.. except for the suitcases.. what the hell? They are ugly, they don't flow with the design at all, and they dont even paint them to match.. Seems really strange to me.

[post=545129]Quoted post[/post]​

the cases are removable
so unless you need to carry extra shit (weekend trip???) you can leave them off

They were invented by an independent no-namer and a guy from Bombardier.

No rappers were involved with this until the release of "Biker Boyz", when suddenly everyone knew about the same bike that's been in production for 7 years.

You can find a 1998 t-rex for about $14k. That's what they cost back then. Everyyear they go up.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 25 2005, 12:44 PM-->
@Aug 25 2005, 01:16 PM

They are nice..  except for the suitcases..  what the hell?  They are ugly, they don't flow with the design at all, and they dont even paint them to match..  Seems really strange to me.

[post=545129]Quoted post[/post]​

the cases are removable
so unless you need to carry extra shit (weekend trip???) you can leave them off
[post=545151]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah, I use the bentley for the weekend trips...

www.peakoil.com
www.peakoil.net

they do a great job discussing why gas prices are going up.

as far as the tzero:

Pricing for the tzero will be set once production begins. We expect a price somewhere between a Porsche and a Ferrari. Our choice of pricing benchmarks is deliberate. It reflects 1) a reality, that the tzero matches the acceleration yet greatly exceeds the efficiency of those fantastic machines, and 2) an ambition that AC Propulsion can aspire in the 21st century to influence automotive engineering over the next 50 years the way those two great marques have set standards for engineering over the past 50 years.

i think i'm gettin another bike, hopefully not a repeat of last time though. lol.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 25 2005, 07:25 PM
Holy shit, "Peakoil Jane" is hot.
-> Steve
[post=545358]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, kinda... but you could play football on her forehead.. or full court basketball... either way. It would be great for picnics and family gatherings though...

oiljane.jpg

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 25 2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah, kinda... but you could play football on her forehead..
oiljane.jpg

[post=545385]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a Fivehead.

-> steve

Oh stop it , she's cute.

i think trhe big thing is....

charging it costs $$$$$

those of you with electric heat know what im talking about. all you;re doin is moving the bill...

If you were serious about living an efficient lifestyle, you would perform some power generation locally. Things like solar panels, batteries, even some kind of generator on the stream on your property. Shit, hook up a bike a generator or something.

Electric is nice because it's the only thing you can locally produce. Unless you have hot springs on your property.

Without that local generation though, you're just pissing in the wind. It takes fuel to make electricity - Even if you're talking about Nuclear or water power (With water running out in lots of places, it's not even definate much less infinite)

So unless you're all about the generation, whatever fuel you choose is the same as the next.

We need to get Las Vegas completely torn down, and use the Hoover dam to make, solely, power for the homes around Las Vegas and for trucking / train power grids. Manufacture hydrogen at the source, and then lay down the infrastructure along the major US cross-highways. About 15,000 Hydrogen refueling points.

-> Steve

I think they should work on stabilizing, automating, and miniaturizing the nuclear reactor. You could run your house for an entire lifetime on a single pound of Uranium. Recharge your electric car, too...

Uranium is more common than you think..

uranium is still a depleteable source of energy. additionally, it leaves waste behind. what really should have been done is dumping money into cold fusion, rather then national defense and other programs. i mean, we are like 13th in the world in medical technologies. makes you wonder where we stand on other technology rankings.

fusion would be great. so would matter/anti-matter. but thats pretty far off.

If we generated hydrogen at 8 key US facilities, and trucked / trained it around the country - You could actually pull your car to the pumps, fill up, and when you're home you could power the house. Each car makes enough power for 2 people . But in order for that to happen, their would be one utilities company that controlled both your driving and your home electricity.

Local generation is the key.

That's why I'm now looking, since my engine project is back on the bench, at going methanol. Maybe I can produce my own.

Back