when it rains it [explitive] pours...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ That's probably why the fuel pump tested ok, then is actually bad - a definite Lupus symptom.

Electric fuel pumps don't die all at once. They gasp and sputter and spring back to life only to die again and again.

^ You're right, lots of stuff dies a slow and sometimes inconsistent death. Makes for some entertaining troubleshooting. Test something that checks good, move on past it and the next cycle it goes bad again. Have a problem like me that in my Blazer right now. Something kills the battery when parked overnight - once or twice a week. Replaced alternator with new axel I 145 amp and installed a new yellow top Optima battery today. Pulled fuses and relays and whatnot. I can't find it - appointment with dealer shop tomorrow morning and an Enterprise car rental.

yeah, i learned from this though. i need to trust my instinct again, i first thought fuel pump when it first started happening but i never followed my gut. there was nothing i replaced that didnt need replacing though, so im only really out the $60 the dealer charged me. I was fine with paying that though since my pressure check of the pump showed proper pressure. replaced it this morning and runs like a champ now. glad to have at least one running car lol. now to get that damned civic up and gone.

Good deal. Yes, ya learn pretty much with every maintenance event. After a few years at this it's still a learning experience which is pretty cool. Still like doing it! :thumbup:

i dont. thats part of why it became such a big hassle. i put it off and put it off. i hate working on cars.

Back