Where Do You Recomend Getting A Engine From?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have personally delt with 2 importers out of california, Nippon motors, and Rising Sun engines. Both have very decent prices and the shipping isn't too bad. Rising sun especially will give you everything with the engine, Just how it came out of the car. The last B16A I got from them even had the power steering pump, AC compresor and alternator still on the engine, With the belts still attatched!!!. I reccomend them. I cant remember their number, but I know they are located in Chico, Ca

Also three weeks is the normal time for having an engine shipped from california? I have never had something that big sent from Cali, But I never would have guessed that long. But hey I have waited for a year for this and three more weeks won't be bad. Now I just have to make the money this summer to do it.

i live in nc. me and my boyfriend ordered an sir and sir II motor at the same time from hmotorsonline, we sent a cashiers check, id say from the time we sent the check to when we recieved the motors was maybe a week and a half, possibly 2 weeks.

we have yet to get either in so i cant speak from experiance on how they run, but they sure do look nice :D .

for anyone that may know, i read the article with chets swap and how it says you should rebuild it or at least run a compression test. is this neccesary, or in other words, i know hmotors is pretty reliable therefore can i trust that my engine is in the shape as stated?

Originally posted by toyarmy@Mar 20 2003, 10:11 AM
i live in nc. me and my boyfriend ordered an sir and sir II motor at the same time from hmotorsonline, we sent a cashiers check, id say from the time we sent the check to when we recieved the motors was maybe a week and a half, possibly 2 weeks.

we have yet to get either in so i cant speak from experiance on how they run, but they sure do look nice :D .

for anyone that may know, i read the article with chets swap and how it says you should rebuild it or at least run a compression test. is this neccesary, or in other words, i know hmotors is pretty reliable therefore can i trust that my engine is in the shape as stated?

IMO, a compression test is a good investment considering you have like $2500 invested on the engine.

I just swapped my motor in, i'm having the timing belt changed in a few weeks when I get some extra cash. The civic is not my daily driver right now so I don't really have to worry about the timing belt snapping.

Also, in about a month or two i'm gonna do a full tune-up on it. I've already flushed the motor, radiator and tranny fluids twice so I should be ok for a little while until the tune-up.

Back