Where I'm at

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

They have the motor in on full hasport mounts, but the shop is having a problem with the wiring. I have no clue whats wrong. Anyway, they have put on a camber kit and all these bars...some I have never seen before. Theres one that looks like this

-----0=========0
---------/--------\
--------/----------\
------o-------------o

This one goes under the motor(sorry about the diagram)...don't know what it does but its red and looks cool so I guess I'll leave it. They're also putting in what they called "monkey bars"? I've never seen monkey bars in a car, but I told them it would be fine.

So what problems would they run into putting a type-r motor into my civic with wrring? They said the ecu wouldn't plug in. I don't know what that means, but the ecu I that came with my 99 itr motor is a p73 and its going into a 99DX. I'll take photos today.

the bars you just "drew" look like traction bars. if you say they are red it sounds like they are the z10 bars. they are good but in my opinion jimfab and fullrace are better designs. and im not positive on what monkey bars are, but i think they are bars that go on the floor to stiffen up the floor. ive heard that these can cause the floorpans to tear out but its just hearsay and someone might be able to add to that with some more information.

Look like this.....?

s40498182d4683.jpg

what type of shop is this? MAYBE by accident you were sent an obd 1 ecu and thats why it isnt plugging in but i dunno, they should be able to run the wires properly other than that. like i told you along time ago check to make sure all your parts you gave them are in the car, like those coilovers and the proper motor and tranny. i hope you took my previous advice and took down serial numbers or any type of identification on your motor and other parts. hope everything turns out ok and your rolling soon.

thats it, thats the bar!!

and yeah, I've got photos of every single part of my motor. The ecu that came with my motor is posted here ecu

the shop is more of a motor building shop rather than a swap shop, but I figure what the hell. the install looks good so far.

your ecu is obd2a and your car is obd2b you need a different ecu. I have a 2000 SI ecu that will work on your car i will trade you the ecu and some cash for yours if you need to get your swap runnin soon. I have a 97 civic i need obd2a. the civics go 96-98( A ) and 99-00( B ) but the teg doesnt go obd2b untill 2000 i think. your ecu pic is obd2a for sure though. if you wanna trade my email is stealthycivicsi@aol.com

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Apr 6 2004, 06:09 PM
can you convert obd2a to odb2b or the other way around, so they can make that ecu work with my car?

yes, im not sure exactly who makes them but i think his name is blown90hatch or something like that, i might have the name wrong. im pretty sure he posts on honda-tech.com, you might want to head over there and check it out.

If it is the second one, it is just another brace under the chassis to prevent flxing, If it is hte first one, it is for keeping wheel hop to a minimum,

It is the lower tie bar. These styles are a tad on the non streetable side because if you ever bottom out with a little force, it can rip the front subframe.

So its a good one? Well for autoXing at least. I'll take it easy on the way to the track and watch out for bumps. Are there any sites that have these for sale? I'm just wondering what the retail is on these and see if I got a deal or not.
Whats the best site to find seats on? I'll most likely buy from this shop I'm dealing with, but I like to shop around so I don't take it in the...well you know.

Does the name Ubend or something like that sound right for that bar mentioned above?

Back