Which cat converter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

ok, in case you don't know I swapped a 95 JDM gsr motor into my 92 civic hatch- I've got everything else figured out except this- What cat converter do i use with the swap? i'm running the stock exhaust manifold, and my o2 sensor is in the header ( not in the cat like I expected)

does anyone know of a directly fit cat for this setup (i'm running the RSR GT-Mag catback) or else is there a place where i can buy a universal cat and the correct flanges that i need for it to fit (yes I can weld)

Just get a powercore, or Car Sound from Ebay, and if need be, do what I did and cut out a half inch or so. I can never remember the exact fitting one for a GSR header on an EG.

doesnt your o2 wire reach the cat?? the gsr harnesss should. if not extend it and get a gsr cat. i am using a gsr cat but i am also using at gsr exhaust.

i got my Magnaflow high flow catalytic converter off of eBay for $58.50 brand new.

well a 94 ls cat doesn't work

why would i want to extend the wires of my o2 sensor to reach the cat? the sensor is already in the downpipe of the header and is already reading gas from all four cylinders

i'm gonna go over to landspeedracing.com right now and see how much i can get one for- for the record though, it needs to be 16.5 inches long in case anyone is wondering

the magna flow one on ebay's 16.5" while the catco ones's 14.5"...and they have all the diameters you need

if you get an after market header, get one for the type r and it should bolt up to the stock cat, as long as it is not a JDM header

Back