Which connecting rods and pistons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
I currently have a B18B1 block and a GSR head that I want to build. I plan on putting a T3/T4 turbo and probably a max boost of about 15-18 psi. I've already had the block sleeved and honed, and had the crank (stock LS) micro polished, balanced and had the oil holes chamferd.

I was wondering what brand of connecting rods you all would recommend with this setup. Also, I want a comp. ratio of about 8.5 to 9:1. With that, which pistons would you recommend.

Thanks for all your help!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Also, is it possible to add oil squirters from the GSR, B16 or Type R? I did it on my H23 with the H22 squirters...

Get some ImportBuilders spec Wiseco pistons and his Probe Ultralite rods. Don't bother with the oil squirters.

Nevermind, I looked on importbuilders.com. Do you know how to see prices?

Thanx! I know that was a stupid question. Any other suggestions on rods and pistons?

I've been very pleased with my CP pistons and Manley Turbo-Tuff rods, probably the highest quality pistons and rods you will ever see. I run 17 lbs on stock sleeves with 9.8:1 compression with no issues.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 PM
I've been very pleased with my CP pistons and Manley Turbo-Tuff rods, probably the highest quality pistons and rods you will ever see. I run 17 lbs on stock sleeves with 9.8:1 compression with no issues.
[post=520588]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit! How much did you pay for those rods???? :lol: Manley is BY FAR the best rod you can buy, but at $800 STARTING and going up to $1500 for 4 rods, they ain't cheap.

I would stick with crower, or IB like Cal said, for the rods, but check out Endyn for the pistons.... I have a video of a guy making over 800 wheel hp on Endyn's rollerwaves. I think they make rods as well. And if you aren't trying to spend a ton of money, check out Scat... they make some awesome rods for the price.....

Rocket Motorsports

CP pistons = Awesome.
Cunningham rods are also sick, from what I hear, but no personal experience.

Talk to robert (Rocket) in the forums; good guy.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions! Hopefully this build will be done in a couple of months...

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 5 2005, 01:08 PM-->
@Jul 4 2005, 11:04 PM
[post=520588]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit! How much did you pay for those rods???? :lol: Manley is BY FAR the best rod you can buy, but at $800 STARTING and going up to $1500 for 4 rods, they ain't cheap.

I would stick with crower, or IB like Cal said, for the rods, but check out Endyn for the pistons.... I have a video of a guy making over 800 wheel hp on Endyn's rollerwaves. I think they make rods as well. And if you aren't trying to spend a ton of money, check out Scat... they make some awesome rods for the price.....
[post=520800]Quoted post[/post]​

They were like $1190 shipped for CPs and Manley rods.....nothing insane.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Jul 5 2005, 05:09 PM
They were like $1190 shipped for CPs and Manley rods.....nothing insane.
[post=521091]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds about right.

yeah, I looked around and $650 is the going rate for the entry level series.....

not a bad deal for a killer rod..

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Jul 5 2005, 12:08 PM-->
[post=520800]Quoted post[/post]​

IB sells Probe rods (really good, lightweight, handles 600whp no problem), and Endyn sells mostly Eagle rods.

MikeBergy
@Jul 5 2005, 04:25 PM
CP pistons = Awesome.
[post=521004]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Back