which do ya'll think is better pioneer or alpine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tightcivicgirl

I wanted to put 4-way or 5-way 6x9 pioneer speakers or 3-way alpine 6x9 speakers in my car which do u think is better the pioneer or the alpine. And do ya'll think a sealed box is better than a ported box. :) :) :)

In my opinion, Pioneer is better when it comes to door speakers and Alpine is better when it comes to head units. And as for your box question, will the box be for the 6x9's or for a sub(s) and what kind of music will you be mainly listening too? Oh and what size subs if the box is for the subs?

Originally posted by jdmeg6@Jun 23 2005, 12:14 AM
In my opinion, Pioneer is better when it comes to door speakers and Alpine is better when it comes to head units. And as for your box question, will the box be for the 6x9's or for a sub(s) and what kind of music will you be mainly listening too? Oh and what size subs if the box is for the subs?
[post=515491]Quoted post[/post]​

well the box is for 3 memphis 10's i already made it and i'm just deciding if i want the box to be ported or not. And i will be listening to rap and r and b music the most.

Originally posted by tightcivicgirl@Jun 22 2005, 09:24 PM
well the box is for 3 memphis 10's i already made it and i'm just deciding if i want the box to be ported or not. And i will be listening to rap and r and b music the most.
[post=515494]Quoted post[/post]​

A bandpass or ported box will give you a smooth deep type of bass and the sealed box will give a firmer solid kick type of bass. For your setup I would be leaning towards the bandpass or ported version for the best results, but thats just my opinion.

I don't think one brand is going to be betterm overall but I would agree that Alpine is more about head units. As for the 6x9's... I think you should decide what you want out of them. I have personally never seen 5 way 6x9's and I imagine if you had that much extra shit added onto them it would take away from the midrange of the speaker. I would go with the 3 ways. However if you are gonna have the 3 10's hooked up and u just want some mad treble you could hook up whatever kind of 6x9 and add those bass blockers so that you only get high end through them.

Originally posted by tightcivicgirl@Jun 22 2005, 11:34 PM
I wanted to put 4-way or 5-way 6x9 pioneer speakers or 3-way alpine 6x9 speakers in my car which do u think is better the pioneer or the alpine. And do ya'll think a sealed box is better than a ported box. :) :) :)
[post=515481]Quoted post[/post]​

I just got some 3way 6&1/2 pioneers put in yesterday. They produce less bass than the stock speakers i took out of the car.

Granted, teh pioneers were only 135 for all 4, and they will last a lot longer than the stock honda paper cone pos's, but having no bass sux.

A poll would have been easier for this thread, your going to find people love either brand and have different opinions on different models. If your looking for space, a sealed box is usually smaller and thus is lighter in weight, and will be overall better for higher frequencies. Rock and pop music is typical application for that type. Ported boxes are more efficent and may produce sound better in the lower frequency range. Jazz, rap and r&b would be better suited for this application.
I personally like sealed boxes better. I drive a Honda and want to keep the weight down. I am just using a cheap 10" speaker with a sealed box to keep the box as light as possible. I listen mostly to rock music, and don't care about the volume level all that much anyway.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Jun 23 2005, 11:55 AM
I just got some 3way 6&1/2 pioneers put in yesterday. They produce less bass than the stock speakers i took out of the car.

Granted, teh pioneers were only 135 for all 4, and they will last a lot longer than the stock honda paper cone pos's, but having no bass sux.
[post=515631]Quoted post[/post]​

i have pionerr 3 ways and i love them... smooth crisp sound and i got them all for 82 bucks new on i think half.com :) and why wouldnt you put in your own speakers instead of having them put in for you?

On many occasions in my last vehicles I've used pioneers for their cheap cost.

I recently put some pioneer 3way 6.5's in the rear. They sound alright. I picked them up for 25 new though, so the price was the kicker for me.

They are really just a filler speaker for me though, as I have infinity 6.5 kappa perfects upfront and they sound extraordinariously better than the pioneers.

So yeah, you get what you pay for I guess on this one.

I perfer Pioneer HU's because of their cost and just because they're well worth whatever you pay for 'em. Alpine makes a nicer head unit, but I would take a pioneer over it any day, and I can get Alpine shit WELL below retail. My aunt works there.

As for speakers, I wouldn't choose Alpine or Pioneer, defenitly not Sony. Infinity is the only way to go for awesome sound. I had a set of kappas and even the little 6.5" sound really nice. A couple kappa subs and you have a really nice sounding system.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Jun 23 2005, 12:13 PM
why wouldnt you put in your own speakers instead of having them put in for you?
[post=515640]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh i put em in all right - there is no way anybody could steel those speakers w/out destroying the mount locations

Originally posted by tightcivicgirl@Jun 23 2005, 12:24 AM
[post=515494]Quoted post[/post]​

If the box is made, its done. You can't just change it from sealed to ported*. Figure out how much air space you have, call memphis or a memphis dealer and they'll probably tell you to seal it at that size(with stuffing I imagine). Just remember it's much easier to get a sealed enclosure to sound good and very easy to mess up a vented enclosure.

*well, you can, but usually you need 1.5-2x the air space required for a sealed box for a ported enclosure. (sealed=1 cu.ft. , then ported=2 cu.ft.) Or else you get really long ports.

i personally don't like Alpine HU's because they all look the same to me. Don't know too much about pioneer. All i know is that (from my non-working lude) I have a JVC El Kamelion head unit (kicks ass), some bullshit Walmart Sony Xplod speakers in the front, Clarion ( i think, in the car when i got it) in the back, a 450 watt amp made by Dual or some shit, and 2 10" Blaupunkt or whatever (got them for $40 in a huge ass box). the box took up the whole trunk, so i bought an $80 sealed box and could not be happier.

in the miata i have some pos cassette player and the cool adapter cassette thingy that i plug into my cd player. hardcore yo

As for the speakers when I sell them I usually have the customer come in with a couple of CD's that they really like that I can play for them on the speakers and let their ears decide. That is the only ture way becasue what sounds good to me may sound like crap to you.

As for Head units go.......hey 92civicb18b1!?!? sup with your auntie hookin me up with an F1 status?

Back