Which is better B16A2 or a SI-R B16A into a '90 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CuteEF9Girl

OK so heres my really stupid question for the day!!! I drive a '90 Civic DX hatchback and I recently bought a B16A2 (out of a '00 civic SI) and I was trying to find the rest of the parts I need to put it in (i.e headers, mounts, ECU jumper harness and the ECU conversion harness) and so far the total on just those parts w/o taxes or shipping fees is about $1300...While searching for those parts I stumbled across J-Spec Autosports, ive heard of them before but never been on there website and they have a a thing called SUPER Engine Swap Packages...I found a Civic SI-R B16A to put into my EF
This is a list of parts it includes:
1. Complete Motor
-Block
-Intake Manifold
-Complete Head
-Sensors
-Exhaust Manifold
-Fuel Rail
-Injectors
-Distributor
-Throttle Body
-Alternator
-Starter
-Ignition Wires
-A/C Compressor
-Power Steering PUmp
-Headers
2. ECU OBD0
3. 5-speed cable tranny
-w/ clutch components assembled to engine
4. Intermediate shaft
5. Yonaka Motorsports Motor Mount Kit
6. Avid Racing Shift Linkage
7. Yonaka Motorsports Drive Shafts
TOTAL PRICE: $2150+$300 shipping
But it comes with a 60 day warranty on block and head(internals), positive compression test results and 30 to 50 thousand miles on it. The B16A2 I had bought came with no warranty at least I dont think...Should I sell my B16A2 and buy this and if I do buy the SI-R are there any other parts that I need??...PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Leslie

Yep, Hmotorsonline is great, that's where I got my H22 long block, ($1200) plus shipping. You can't beat that with a stick.

Originally posted by scottp11@Jul 2 2005, 10:41 PM
Yep, Hmotorsonline is great, that's where I got my H22 long block, ($1200) plus shipping. You can't beat that with a stick.
[post=519869]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea Ive been on HMotors before and my old roomate bought his H22 from them but hes also had nothing but problems with it...HMotors is where im buying the front end conversion for my car though...but the thing with J-Spec is its a complete swap to go into my car for only $2400 with shipping...and the shop told me $550 to put it in...w/ the B16A2 that ive already purchased, its just sitting at my house, with the last four parts I need I would have already spent about $3400 not including to put it in...but now I have 2 problems...I need to sell the B16A2 plus I wanted to know if there was anything else that I might need for the swap before I buy it???

if your roomate is having problems with the motor he got from Hmotors he should call them they have great custyomer service and stand behind there motors. I have had zero issues with the B16a swap I got from them, that was 2 years ago

Originally posted by CuteEF9Girl+Jul 5 2005, 03:13 AM-->
@Jul 2 2005, 10:41 PM
[post=519869]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea Ive been on HMotors before and my old roomate bought his H22 from them but hes also had nothing but problems with it...HMotors is where im buying the front end conversion for my car though...but the thing with J-Spec is its a complete swap to go into my car for only $2400 with shipping...and the shop told me $550 to put it in...w/ the B16A2 that ive already purchased, its just sitting at my house, with the last four parts I need I would have already spent about $3400 not including to put it in...but now I have 2 problems...I need to sell the B16A2 plus I wanted to know if there was anything else that I might need for the swap before I buy it???
[post=520630]Quoted post[/post]​

selling your motor is not a problem, a lot of people are looking for b16's

accord to your list of included parts with the swap your looking good, bu I would look at replacing the seals on your motor and some other important items such as
oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, cam seal, rear main seal, axle seals, head gasket, new water pump, new timing belt. new spark plugs, new cap and rotor, new wires. thats a good start if you have the money.

I also replaced the clutch in my b16 swap, but didnt do the timing belt, I inspected the one on there and looked good, but the swap from hmo was $2400 shipped with LSD trans, only thing wrong was the bad IAT sensor. $22 from honda, didnt feel like bitchin to them. I was sure they might not help me as i had sent an email about it and no answer was recieved.

definitely go with hmotors, good service and you can get what you need to put it in pretty easy. just my opinion.

Back