Which Size Tb Would Be Best

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dvs_prelude

I'm looking at Erick's racing TB's but I'm not sure which size to get. I don't plan on boring out my Skunk2 intake manifold at the moment, so that portion will remain 64mm. So with that in mind, which size should I get?
68-66mm
70-68mm
72-70mm

This is going on a fully built B18C1.

Originally posted by B16@Mar 20 2003, 05:22 PM
how fully built? 72-70mm, if its going to be an all motor monster

P30 pistons stock bore (11:5ish CR)
ARP rod's/Bolts
Micropolished and balanced crank
Portflow head
Skunk2 IM
Crower stage 3s
P28 ECU reprogramed by Erick's Racing :D

it's pretty much OEM stuff except for the head. I just don't want to pick a TB that's too big for my application.

So I should get the 72-70mm? Even if I plan on leaving the intake side of the Skunk2 manifold the same 64mm?

try and stick with a 68mm tapered down to 66mm TB... the skunk 2 will only hold up to that much without boring it out [I THINK]... oh and canek, your a biter lmao!!!

crower stage 3's :p

all good though, when we gonna line up B)

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Mar 20 2003, 05:48 PM
try and stick with a 68mm tapered down to 66mm TB... the skunk 2 will only hold up to that much without boring it out [I THINK]... oh and canek, your a biter lmao!!!

:lol: biter huh? :rolleyes: I need some good stickies before I line up against you. I'll say by summer I'll be ready. :D Just let me get my TB and header so we can be more even :p

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Mar 20 2003, 06:19 PM
Sorry to whore your thread, but which TB would be best for turbo? 70mm? The bigger the better?

well at least you said sorry lol.... i'd say go with a 70mm

Originally posted by dvs_prelude+Mar 20 2003, 06:12 PM-->
2 litre EG
@Mar 20 2003, 05:48 PM

:lol: biter huh? :rolleyes: I need some good stickies before I line up against you. I'll say by summer I'll be ready. :D Just let me get my TB and header so we can be more even :p

pick a race, any race ;p

Battle - August 9 @ Famoso [might not be able to make it]
NHRA - September 6 & 7 @ Infineon [Sonoma, Ca.]
Battle - October 18 & 19 @ Famoso
NHRA - October 25 & 26 @ Pomona
IDRC - November 22 & 23 @ LACR

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Mar 20 2003, 09:41 PM-->
Originally posted by dvs_prelude@Mar 20 2003, 06:12 PM
2 litre EG
@Mar 20 2003, 05:48 PM
try and stick with a 68mm tapered down to 66mm TB...  the skunk 2 will only hold up to that much without boring it out [I THINK]...  oh and canek, your a biter lmao!!!

crower stage 3's   :p

all good though, when we gonna line up  B)

pick a race, any race ;p

Battle - August 9 @ Famoso [might not be able to make it]
NHRA - September 6 & 7 @ Infineon [Sonoma, Ca.]
Battle - October 18 & 19 @ Famoso
NHRA - October 25 & 26 @ Pomona
IDRC - November 22 & 23 @ LACR

How bout NHRA Oct 25 & 26th @ Pomona... That should give me enough time :D I also plan on going to California Speedway when they open up for summer. I believe it's in May.

Back