Which Spark Plugs?

Should I change? Yay or nay?

• 1-Step Colder NGK's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NGK Iridium&#3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
Well, as some of you know, I live in the damn desert. During the summer it is 96+ degrees on average. On top of that, I'm 2700ft above sea level. Plus, it's just time for an all around tune up. Fuel filter, cooling system flush, brakes, ECT.

With that being said, I read somewhere that people who live in hot and humid climates should go a step colder on thier spark plugs. any truth or twist to that?

I suggested the Iridiums just because i'm curious and I wouldn't have to change them out so often, so they say.

Any suggestions are welcome.

BTW- If you read this thread, just vote even though your not going to post.

On my d15b7 I was running denso iriiums that came with the car, but when it didn't pass emissions I changed them out because I thought they were beat. Turns out that when I changed to stock ngk's my mileage dropped from 34 in town to 28mpg. By the time I realized the expensive mistake that I had made, the spark plugs had been long gone in the trash or something. whoops! :eek:

I've been told by N/A guys that running plugs a step colder might actually harm performance. They've said that you should stick with stock heat levels.

We get some hot, dry days around here, and I've never heard of anyone using colder plugs to try to combat that.

EDIT: Also, yeah....Iridiums would be great if you don't want to change them out as much. But, as easy as it is to change plugs on a Honda, I always stuck with the stockers. On my Subie, where it takes about an hour or 90 minutes to change plugs, I use Iridiums. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 13 2005, 04:06 PM
I've been told by N/A guys that running plugs a step colder might actually harm performance. They've said that you should stick with stock heat levels.

We get some hot, dry days around here, and I've never heard of anyone using colder plugs to try to combat that.

EDIT: Also, yeah....Iridiums would be great if you don't want to change them out as much. But, as easy as it is to change plugs on a Honda, I always stuck with the stockers. On my Subie, where it takes about an hour or 90 minutes to change plugs, I use Iridiums. :)
[post=511750]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, I think i'm gonna get pick up some Iridiums but Denso's. I wanted the NGK's but I gotta hook up at AutoZone. Plus I hear that Denso and NGK are pretty much the same.

Just make sure you regularly check the plugs as they start getting toward the end of their life span. Just because the company says they last for xx,xxx miles, doesn't mean that they necessarily will. :)

And yeah, as far as Iridium plugs go, I'd trust either NGK or Denso. Truthfully, I think I'm actually running Denso Irid's, not NGK.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 13 2005, 03:40 PM
edit your poll so i can vote for denso iridiums :p
[post=511816]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Denso Iridiums rock!

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jun 13 2005, 06:40 PM
edit your poll so i can vote for denso iridiums :p
[post=511816]Quoted post[/post]​

It won't let me lol...but I guess it's safe to say I know where you stand lol

whatever floats your boat. My mileage went up with iridiums :) Enough to pay for themselves.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 08:08 PM
gas mileage?? who the F cares about gas mileage. we're building race cars here, not a grocey getter :p
[post=512345]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: But it's always nice to upgrade for performance reasons and to benefit from better mileage at the same time. Just my crappy 2 cents though ;)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 14 2005, 11:08 PM
gas mileage?? who the F cares about gas mileage. we're building race cars here, not a grocey getter :p

I'm getting the Iridiums for free!!! Yup, that's not a typo. My friend who works at AutoZone got some for me :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 15 2005, 10:00 AM
congratulations, theif.
[post=512430]Quoted post[/post]​

It was a joke. Do you really thik I'd post something like that? lol He bought them to put in his B20VTEC that he wanted me to put together, but he doesn't have the funds to buy the rest of the parts so I can finish. So he's letting me have them since the work I have done, up until this point, I did it for free.

I drive a quick grocery getter :). Racing is expensive :(

:withstupid: But a race car that gets high mileage..... :wtf2:

Back