Which Swap Is Better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accord02Type-R

ok i got a question for you guys, I have a 2002 accord lx and i wanted to swap a 2003 v6 accord engine in it but since it dosent fit i will have to settle with somthing else, I heard that a CL Type-S engine will fit so should i put the CL in it or the H22a in it? CL is more power but SOHC i believe thx for reading :worthy: I also heard taht a after market exhuast will slow down your start up but boost your acceleration, is it true? and should i go single or dual exhaust?

Check the earlier thread about swapping a V6 into an inline-4 chassis. It's most likely not worth the hassle. That goes for both the V6 Accord and any Acura CL/TL/RL. They're all C-series blocks.

Your best bet is a 96-2001 H22A.

Also, does the V6 even have any aftermarket support? Wait.. does it have enough to make it contend with a h22? I mean, no v6 accord has a 5-speed b/c they weren't made for the newer ones.. weaksauce!

It has a little aftermarket support, but not alot. Comptech makes a supercharger for it.

I've heard you can bolt up a Legend 5-speed tranny to it.

But, I took on a bolted-on V6 Accord at the track with my bolted-on H22 Accord, and beat him by a full second and a half.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 13 2003, 12:50 PM
It has a little aftermarket support, but not alot. Comptech makes a supercharger for it.

I've heard you can bolt up a Legend 5-speed tranny to it.

But, I took on a bolted-on V6 Accord at the track with my bolted-on H22 Accord, and beat him by a full second and a half.

Ah, so in other words its another worthless honda motor :lol:

Yeah, for the most part. It's like the F-series and D-series. Those engines weren't made for performance. You can make them kinda fast, but they're weak from the factory, parts are hard to find, and it takes alot of cash to squeeze out power.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 13 2003, 12:32 PM
Check the earlier thread about swapping a V6 into an inline-4 chassis. It's most likely not worth the hassle. That goes for both the V6 Accord and any Acura CL/TL/RL. They're all C-series blocks.

Your best bet is a 96-2001 H22A.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but they're J series blocks.....

No, the Acura CL/RL/TL use C-series engines as well. V6's, one cam per bank of cylinders.

I could've sworn at the dealership the code was J32A.. something somethingfor a CL on the sticker, ahhh oh well, I dont own one anyways.

Back