white smoke

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f20b_crxsi

as i was driving home back from the dragstrip, my car bogged downed and died. i went out and opened my hood. i checked everywhere and it seemed okay. i started it up and white smoke shot out of my CAI. called a tow truck and took it home. I'm at work and won't get off till 11 more hours. any suggestions?

the engine is a NA f20b

did it appear to you that your car was running hot before it died?

was there any white smoke coming from the tailpipe?

i didn't look at the tailpipe, but it shot out of my cai, and the temp was 1/4 up. i got a fluidyne radiator. all i did inside was swapped out the rods, new pistons, rings, and hone. it's been broken into for 6 months now. i raced 6 times at the drags and came home. it was knocking hard too!

headgasket probably.

bogs

white smoke, it was probably comming from the exhuast as well

if you drive it again, it will probably overheat and idle all fucked up.

:withstupid: check the coolant and see if thers oil in it.

taking my car back to 1320, guess what. they slapped on the old HG and didn't even replace the darn thang. I paid 1400 for the whole thang and they messed me up. I opened the radiator and it was like a light chocolate pudding. i knew then that oil leaked into the coolant passages. opened the head and i knew that the HG was not replaced.

that's wierd, 1320 Performance is pretty good at what they are doing. Stone, Lo, and John are top notch. Best hmong builders i've seen in sacramento. One reason might be that the F20B parts are hard to get, that's probably why they used the old one.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Jun 9 2005, 11:33 PM
that's wierd, 1320 Performance is pretty good at what they are doing. Stone, Lo, and John are top notch. Best hmong builders i've seen in sacramento. One reason might be that the F20B parts are hard to get, that's probably why they used the old one.
[post=510505]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I dont know the guys at 1320, but i know that F20 parts are hard as hell to get

even so; for $1400 they shoulda done that shit right.

Lo is an honest man, and so is john, but I guess probably it's one of their techs that did the mistake. I had a buddy that works with them, Sai, and he told me that your car was in great shape when they swap it in. But you should give John a call. He's head tech, and i think he'll take care of you as they do with all customers.

well i went to the shop today and talked with Lo, john is not availabale. Lo explained to me that the HG was not replaced after his inspections. It must of been misorganized or somethin. He said he'll refund 30 percent back to me, clean the motor out, and they also found the HG that was laying around in the shop. so i hope this solves my problems.

so, tehy will refund you 30 percent and put a new HG on? if so, rock on. :)

Back