who did their swap themselves?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98 b18b1 in 97 4Door Civ

as for me, i did it myself. I haven't done much stuff before this (simple oil changes, put on i/h/e, suspension etc.), so it was quite the learning experience. I would reccommend it to all who are thinking of doing a swap. it wasn't that hard and the things i learned in the process were invaluable! besides, one shop around here wanted 2K to install the motor! :roll:

type-r in 98 civic dx wiring took me forever but other then that (didnt know how to wire needed help) it was fun

I've changed out my blown y8 and swapped in a 97 b16b into my 97ex. It was alot of fun and I learned alot about my car, everyone should do there own swap. Or atleast be there.

lots of diffrent swap fabricated my own cf hood and am in the proces of making my first turbo manifold

Yeah... since I live in hickville.... I was helped with taking my stock motor out! Other than that i did everything else myself... try dropping the motor in your self while trying to line things up than bolting it down! What a pain! but im happy I can say I did my swap MYSELF

just finished a 94 b18b in a civic cx this week.....had a lot of fun and learned a lot....its amazing what you can figure out on your own when you find out some prices from the local shops.....i'm new to the b-series but had a lot of fun with the h-series as well. this is for my girlfriend.

99 16a2 into a 96 dx coupe, wiring was a bitch, and this was in 99 so there wasn't as much info out there :(

obd2 b18c1 into a 94 ls, h22a into a civic coupe, 3sgte into an mr2, and a cx to dx swap haha, and i'd have to say the most annoying part for me is always axles

swapped out my blown cx for a dx in my car. done many swaps though for others.

I did my own jdm B16a into a 93 ex. I can did countless suspension mods and I/h/e, but that doesn't compare to a engine swap. the knowledge is invaluable. and I saved a ton of money. It is a great experiance.

darin

DOHC ZC in my 91 rex Si. I did the swap with no help from the internet or anyone. I didn't realize there were this many people into that sort of thing, and I didn't know of all of the resources online. I actually did not start posting at any of these forums until after I sold my car.

done a mini-me
done a full ITR conversion on a sol
helped with a high compression LS swap in a hatch
helped on several engine swaps/replacements in RX7s

Just finished a H22a into 93 Si Hatch. Learned a hell of a lot!!!

JDM B16 into my 92 LX, my local mechanic picked the old motor out and dropped the new one in for me for about $400 and I did all the rewiring some other help. seeing as I have next to no tools this was my only option this time

when the 4dr dies I'm planning on getting a 5th gen SI and puting the b into that and deffinately doing the whole thing myself

Me and 2 of my boys dropped a B16A SiRII into my 95 4 Door DX Civic.
B16ASirII:
ITR Intake Manifold
ITR Injectors
AEM Short Ram Intake
Skunk2 Chipped P28
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
Prothane Shift Linkage Inserts
Clutchmasters Stage 1
2 1/2" Catback Exhaust

Never had the chance to take it to the track and sold the car 3 months later....bought a 2003 RSX Type-S~ :imgone:

Sedan = paid... too high dollar and high tolerance to screw up myself.

CRX = me, when it finally gets done. CRX = budget project. :)

Yeah, its pretty easy, not too hard at all.

Myself,
CRX cable pedal box conversion
SiR cable into EG
SiR2 into EG with S4 tranny
All the usual gay bolt on's
timing belt, headgasket
clutch & flywheel
GSR obd1 harness
nothing in the guts though

Miata
basic bolt on's, clutch
50shot dry kit
suspension

Starion
broke down the entire rotating assembly,,,lol not fun
20G upgrade
head broken down also to the bare

Integra R
ITR 2.0liter swap in
dash removal, installation of jdm climant control which doesn't work
basic bolt on's

Talon TSI
intercooler plumbing, thats it--->POS

well, the list goes on but I have worked on a shitload of whips, little things from intake upgrades to engine removal, my little click of buddies are known to be up for anything literally.

Milan

Back