Will everything be clear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
b18b1 block, b18b1 head, b16a1 rods, P72-A0 gsr pistons should yield 10.0:1 compression ratio with a 2 ply head gasket. will everything clear? and what could be the expected gains from this. on a stock engine?

umm your looking at like 8:1 compression. not 10:1. b16 rods are 3mm shorter then LS rods. but yea everything will clear....

yeah, alright, no need to lessen compression, LS rods and Gsr rods are the same length? just connect differently?

And do i shave my LS rods to make the GSr pistons fit, or can i buy GSr rods and fit those to my crank?

yes you will have to shave the LS rods to fit the GSR pistons. and no, GSR rods are longer then LS rods.

and youre looking at 10.2:1 with that setup

also just so you know, this compression calculator is much better then the c-speed one.

http://www.zealautowerks.com best one ive found.

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, alright, no need to lessen compression, LS rods and Gsr rods are the same length? just connect differently?

And do i shave my LS rods to make the GSr pistons fit, or can i buy GSr rods and fit those to my crank?

No, LS rods are shorter due to the longer stroke of the LS crank. Use rods that match your crank unless you are going with some weird pistons that have reised wrist pins. GSR rods with an LS crank = pistons smashing into head.

GSR rods with an LS crank = pistons smashing into head.

using the compression calculator, i found that the pistons and rod combo would stick out of the hole 0.024 inchs so yeah, that's for saying that i was actually just about to ask how much clearance i would have, now i know, thanks.

i will go with LS crank, gsr pistons, LS rods, 2 ply head gasket and that should yield 10.2:1 compression

Quoted post[/post]]
jdm b16 pistons-- p30
ls everyting else. bolts on.
11:1
done

one problem, T3 Turbo. . .

it's already a turbo engine, with a 14b and i just ordered a t3 to stick on there. I want a boost in compression but 11:1 would be too difficult and require too much money and work.

i will need to machine the rods to get the pistons to work, so i was thinking to save just get a thinner head gasket, and place it on before i tune. just get a tiny boost in compression.

From what i was reading 9.5:1 seems to be about tops on a DD turbo app.

so with a i could go about 9.3:1 with a double ply headgasket and later go ls/vtec on top once i complie the parts/money/time to do that completely

ok then,
usdm b16 pr3's
double thick headgasket.

that will put you right around 10:1

it's true that with higher compression the turbo makes more power as well?

where could i find a double thick headgasket

Back