Will this JDM oil filter harm my motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This guy didn't deserve to be flamed.

Will the filter fuck up your engine? No.
Will using the filter result in better performance? No.

But choosing your oil filter is every bit as important as choosing your performance parts. The oil filter protects your engine from harmful particles. I used to rely entirely on Honda Filters but as mentioned above when cut open they're only a slight step up from Fram double-guards.. which suck ass.

Mobil 1's are pretty good.

There is a brand, which I haven't been able to find here (Hawaii) which is supposed to be the best, in that it filters out the smallest particles, which is what you want.

Particles in the oil make contact with metal parts and wear them down faster.

In an optimal environment (regular oil changes, coolant changes, adjustments) Honda motors should last for at least 200,000 miles.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 1 2004, 08:39 PM
This guy didn't deserve to be flamed.

awwww
cry me a river... :lol:

shut up Justin Timberlake.... :lol: j/p.

I don't think (at least I'm really hoping here) that he thought because it was "JDM" he would get extra hp.. and if he did... well I'll kick his ass myself. :lol:

filter area is determined by the filter element, not necessarially(sp) the size of the filter...

Hamps are GREAT however, they are kinda expensive, however, that place is raping you. They can be had for much cheaper.

From what I have heard, the S2000 filters are made by the same as the Hamps and will fit your car.

Back