Wiring A Vtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93-del-sol

how in the hell do u wire the v tech engine into a non vtech car. diaams would be nice if anyone has some. thanks

Get a cigarette lighter adapter and plug it in your vtech phone. It should work fine but you won't have a phone line connected. Maybe it'll activate at 900mhz.

Now, if you want to wire up a VTEC engine in your non VTEC car, that's different. If you're going to stay OBDO, use the Si distributor, PM6/PM7/PG7, with either a VTEC controller (E.g. Apex I VAFC, Fields Vtec controller) or an MSD RPM switch. If you want things a little easier, you can send in your PM6 to ZDYNE and have a one wire VTEC connection. All you really need to activate VTEC is a 12V power to the solenoid. You can also run PR3/PWO. If you have a SOHC VTEC, you can convert OBDO to OBD1 with a conversion harness and either OBD1/OBD2 distributor. Extra wiring will be needed like 4 wire O2 sensor, the VTEC solenoid, VTEC oil pressure, etc.

I take all that back, I don't know what you're trying to put in anyway.

93-del-sol this is your only warning. IT IS VTEC NOT VTECH ANy other posts you make with vtech in them will be deleted.

Other than that what engine are you putting in what car?

Originally posted by jeff@Jan 5 2003, 12:32 AM
93-del-sol this is your only warning. IT IS VTEC NOT VTECH ANy other posts you make with vtech in them will be deleted.

Hahahaha I too, also hate when people say VTECH, that's a phone!!!!! Or Vtek too.

you know sorry bout that whole vtec thing. i should know better but i am not thinkin straight. anywho im lookin into putin a b16a2 into my 93 delsol. any other suggetions let me know. thanks

Ha, I wasted all my time in thinking it would go in a CRX/4th Gen hatch. I knew I should have asked first.

you dont want a B16A2, you want a B16A3, drops right in

if your car is your screen name, its cake. ALL del sols are wired for vtec already.

all you have to add is aknock sensor.

get either a jdm b16a SiR2 or a b16a3 from the del sol vtec.
the a2 from the 99-00 civic si is NOT the easy way to do this

where ood plkace to bu these engines? if anybody knows of any good deals let me know.

if anyone knows of a good site i could be the b16a3 from let me know. or whatever engine would fit the 93 del sol.

Originally posted by 93-del-sol@Jan 5 2003, 11:36 AM
if anyone knows of a good site i could be the b16a3 from let me know. or whatever engine would fit the 93 del sol.

finding one.. is like finding a wrecked ITR that STILL has the motor and tranny in it. VERY hard..

Originally posted by 93-del-sol@Jan 5 2003, 11:35 AM
where ood plkace to bu these engines? if anybody knows of any good deals let me know.

dude take a little time to correct your mistakes, you dont need to use internet short hand, it is :ghey: and takes longer than writing out the whole word. Also if you noticed you missed something, dont do another post, just press the edit thing instead of doing like

...8 diffrent posts. It is not like IMs

anyways about the a3, only the 94-95 had them and out of all the sols made (about 75000) only 10% had the b16a3, rest were s and si. It is impossible to find one.

Back